War of Golden Skull impossible to win.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Speeder, Mar 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Speeder

Speeder Member

Plainly, as soon as I leave the defense building, lots of fighters rush on me, and then as soon I do anything that is not hacking them (like using a ranged character or casting a spell) the result is that the fighter get infinite attacks of opportunity until my character is dead...

Even if it takes a very, very, very long time (my archer ranger was particularly hard to hit, the guy attacked her I think about 200 or 300 times before she died, I left the game running and went to do something else out of amusement).

So, how I win?

Don't tell me to avoid AoO, that is silly, it always happen, even if because you misclicked somewhere and something stupid happened (like your characters moving where you don't intended to)

2. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi Speeder, can understand that you are at apoint where you are frustrated, but asking for help by telling the other one what he can say or might not seem very inviting to some.
    As Far as I know the game is buggy about greater invisibility and AoO. Whenever one of my characters with greater invisibility has an AoO he hacks as long untill the other one is dead. That's nice but it also works the other way around. So my tactic for this fight is to kill the specific spellcaster that cast this spell (I think it's invisibility sphere) before it is his turn. If that is not possible because of unfavorable initiative either start the fight again or just try to preve... ups that's what you didn't wanted to read.

3. Speeder

Speeder Member

Actually, your solution worked, thanks :)

First I moved out of the invisibility sphere all my own characters that trigger AoO against them.

Then I put INSIDE the sphere (since it affects everyone equally) some of my own Melee characters.

Behold, Summons with infinite AoO =D

Seriously, buggy game. Also modders should then avoid those bugs for example not putting a character with buggy spells on quests.

Our Host!