Wanting to upgrade

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaBigDawgND, Oct 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

I am wanting to upgrade the newest 5.0.1 but it says in another thread that you need to remove pyr.bat, I have searched for this particular file and it cannot be found. I have already installed and played the game with toffee 5.0 with the Co8 portrait and voice included.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Umm, could it be that you need to run pyc.bat? you can find this in your data/scr folder, all it does is delete the *.pyc files (compiled scripts) which will force any scripts that have previously been compiled to compile using the new scripts rather than the old ones. You can delete the pyc files manually instead if you prefer.

You should also clear the map cache (use the option in ToEEFE, or delete anything that is NOT a folder in the modules/Co8_5.0.0/maps folder).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I believe the file you are referring to is delete_pyc.cmd. It deletes all the .pyc files in your scr folder. It is included with 5.0.1. You won't have it if you haven't installed 5.0.1

I should add they you don't need to run delete_pyc.cmd, or delete the pyc files manually, before you install 5.0.1. You just need to delete them before you play the game for the first time after installing 5.0.1.

Also keep in mind that 5.0.1 is continuously evolving, so keep checking that thread. Updates to 5.0.1 happen every few weeks or so (with no version change), and you should delete the .pyc files every time you install an updated version of 5.0.1.

4. DaBigDawgND

OK guys, I bet your getting tired of me, but I did everything the Zeebedee has posted right down to the letter.

Net 2.0
    Install Game
    Patch 2
    Co8 V5.0.0 Final
    Co8 Portrait and Voice Pack
    installed 5.1
    ran delete_pyc.cmd

I rebooted after each install. I ran the game as instructed to insure that v5.0 had been played atleast once before trying to install 5.1. I had ran 3 different campaigns. Now I was trying a new one, and now even if I try buy an item from the Empress Traveling Caravan that game crashes on me. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  5. Cerulean the Blue

Sounds like a portrait issue. Can you access every party members inventory (not that they have anything) before you start shopping? Which portraits are you using (which pack, row and column)?

6. DaBigDawgND

Yes I can access all of their inventories. I have so far only used the all portraits option in toffee.

row 2, 1st one
    row 4, 1st and 6th
    row 6, 2nd and 4th
    row 7, 4th

but there are other ones that I have created with no problems, of course it was the first one I had done since reinstalling. Figured I might have done something wrong. Thanks for your time.:notworthy

7. Cerulean the Blue

Well, it's not the portraits. I don't know what the problem might be. I suggest going the fresh install route once again and see if the problem persists. Or catch me on the IRC and see if I can diagnose it better in real time.

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

No-cd crack for patch 2 might help. Might not but I noticed it missing from your install list and it seemed the obvious thing to try to try and narrow things down.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@DaBigDawgND: I suggest you make sure you follow the correct steps for selecting the portraits and starting the game with the chosen portraits in ToEEFE. Otherwise, nothing comes to mind, except maybe get rid of temp files and clean your Windows, as per instructions posted here.

10. DaBigDawgND

Great advice guys. Did all of the above and I am having no problems now. You guys totally rock!!!:rock:

Our Host!