Wannabe Cam-hos Apply Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Jul 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Well... you could say that blue eyes are common among Poles
    however, the picture is misleading. Daniel and Agata do have
    blue eyes, but Łukasz, my cousin has brown eyes.

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

lol

probably MY eyes where fooled, yes, it does seems to have blue eyes too. Maybe by association.
    And probably get the girls since he has the "uncommon eyes" :aaaa:

Here in Argentina, blue eyes are not common, but not rare. Most people tend to have brown ones, commonly lighter and rarely dark/black and 3 of 10 have blue or green eyes.

What is really uncommon is redheaded people. Agata (drummer girlie, right?) would be pretty popular around here, since she also has fair skin (we also tend to be a bit more "toasted")

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I've just spent the last couple of days up at the outskirts of Fangorn forest.
    [​IMG]

one of the native mistletoe or Rata
    [​IMG]

Wildman of the mountains
    [​IMG]

Druidess
    [​IMG]

4. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Uhm... yeah, Me... only grainer

Me.jpg

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you're the only grainer around, you must sure make a lot of dough :icon_chuc

Ok, that was just bad :blank:

6. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Lol... yep, dats me, master of all things mistyped.

7. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

Groans ensue! Hats off to Shiningted.:notworthy

8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Well, this my human form

yo3.jpg

Yes, i'm a proud owner of a Ioun stone :roll:

9. foil

foil Member

I gotta ask it. I see so many of you folks with kids and better halves and wonder how you manage it all and still get time to do what your doing for Co8. I would love to spend more time on things like mods, D&D, etc. but then would end up Jobless, friendless, and single. But then, I gotta get my 7 or 8 hours sleep a night or I'm a wreck that more scoops of coffee can't put back to gether the next morning.

I figure most of you must either require little sleep, be independently wealthy, or some other mode of figuring out what I've never been able to figure. How many hours a week, for example, do you put into Co8 before your better half pops their cork and goes ballistic all over your rear end. And on top of that, I see many of you in the pictures above, playing table top with your friends. I don't have that luxory either since me and my past D&D playing friends are spread all over the country.

If you have a secret, share please. I always wanted to be able to put paper modules into some, at that time, fantasy electronic holographic D&D calculating DM gizmo thing, which we now have in the form of powerful PCs. And that wish still hasn't changed...although the time I have to implement it has unfortunately.

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Are you counting all the times you get shouted at to"come to bed", "turn that fucking computer off" ect, etc? Or just the final relationship break up? if it's the latter, it takes about 3 years but my God it is worth it! :evil_laug

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I work.

I mod.

I have no life.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I buy my wife nice things, and usually she leaves me alone to play with my toys. heh heh

It helps that she knew I spent A LOT of time messing with my computer, before we got married.

13. foil

foil Member

8 years and counting and all she does before going to bed is:
    "I sleep so much better when your there". Guilt trips replaced yelling a long time ago.
    I guess like the saying goes: "If at first you don't succeed... :poop: "

Of course that's only on the weekends when I can stay up late to get some peace and quite. The rest of the week I gotta get to bed early myself.

And then there's the mother of all obligations...Babies. We don't have any yet and its getting close to that cut-off point. But I know that any spare time I currently have will evaporate if/once one comes along.

Now I've always suspected the ones that make it work are either:
    -In a traditional relationship where Mom takes care of the kid, cleaning, dinner (and works or doesn't whatever the case may be)
    -Or is in a modern relationship with a stay at home Pop who cleans, cooks, looks after baby, doesn't work, and spends his spare time on modding and friends.

@ShiningTed: Thought I saw you with a kid there Ted. Can't be all work/mod and no play with the rug-rat underfoot.

Also I was curious what kind of jobs you all do. I can rarely get away with 8 hour days and in the summer, and occasionally in the winter, those work weeks can push 60 to 80 hours per week.

I could be way off and it may just be that the ones who make it work are able to juggle more than I am. But I was wondering where you all fit in.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  14. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Ted doesn't mention taking care of his daughter because he mods
    along with her in order to raise a new generation of modders. ;)
    I bet the first word she'll say is mod instead of dad, or mom.
    Hey, mod can also be a sort of an abbreviation for mom and dad. :D

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I was a stay at home dad, raising my young 'un, as well as her 4 other kids, and nursing her back to health again too, until the ex had had enough of me, oh well her loss. ;)

Now I work part time and pay no rent, so free time aplenty.

Our Host!