Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Having played with more strict coup de grace (CDG) rules, I prefer the looser implementation since CDG is something the party does to the AI but not vice versa.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Active Shield Defense, Shield Charge, Shield Specialization, Shield Ward and Agile Shield Fighter are all missing from the list of fighter bonus feats in class011_fighter.py

3. Pygmy

Agile Shield Fighter.txt has Shield Specialization twice in the prerequisites text and Shield Proficiency is missing (neatness only!)

4. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Fixed it and updated the fighter feat list (not sure the fighter feat list makes a difference in game).

5. Pygmy

It determines which feats are printed in yellow and therefore selectable as fighter bonus feats. That's why someone added Vexing Flanker etc

6. _doug_

The codes are what actually do that. I am not sure what effect that bonus feat list has.

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Making something a bonus feat allows it to be learned by classes (Fighters, Wizards, etc.) who get a bonus feat list and at specific levels for that class. Beyond that, I'm also unsure what effect exists.

8. Pygmy

It certainly has an effect if you copy all the stuff relating to fighter bonus feats into another class.

9. _doug_

Anyone have a chance to test any of the features from the beta?

10. Pygmy

Sorry I have been getting side tracked with the Sacred Outlaw feat though I did manage to test the Unseen Seer with the Craven Feat and Practised Spellcaster acquiring Hunter's Eye from Advanced Learning and casting the former followed by Orb of Sound in a sneak attack situation - the damage dice and bonuses were as per the appropriate splatbooks.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  11. Pygmy

I have taken the liberty 0f producing a simplified version of the Able Learner Feat from "Races of Destiny" D&D 3.5 Ed. splatbook; this feat, which is only selectable, in this version, by 1st level characters who are either human rogues or half-elf rogues, sets all the rogue class skills to permanent class skills for that character.

You will have noticed that without some sort of Able Learning the theoretically achievable Rog1/Div4/Unseen Seer1 is only practically achievable with 18 rolled intelligence, and even then has extraordinarily stunted skills beyond those prerequisites for the Unseen Seer,

I am sorry I was unable to find any reference to the Talent Appraise feat and thus I am unable to give the creator credit for his work, which I am sure he will recognise in the feat attached below.

Attached Files:

12. _doug_

OK cool. I will let the beta go a bit longer so more testing can get done.

zertzax and Endarire like this.
  13. Pygmy

Congratulations @_doug_ the new (warmage) spells you have introduced into the latest beta have totally transformed the warmage class. I cannot imagine how low level parties ever coped without a warmage. For example, a well placed warmage with a Hail of Stone spell readied versus spell each round can completely neutralise Lareth in the Moathouse climax fight.

Sitra Achara likes this.
  14. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Wow, there's a feat that allows a cleric full rogue sneak attack progression with a 3-level dip in rogue!?! Sweet! One theme I keep coming back to is a stealth-oriented, "wandering thieves' guild" party, and this fits the bill very nicely.
    This also prompted me to wonder whether there's something similar for monks, but apparently not. Hardly surprising, since WotC seem to believe that monks are overpowered and clerics limited.
    Can't wait to see Sacred Outlaw appear in T+, and hopeful for a homebrew Ascetic Outlaw too.

15. Pygmy

Have you created an overrides folder in your Temple of Elemental Evil Directory?

Our Host!