Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

With the combat reflexes feat also I assume. I can see what's going on.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Yes sorry sort of forgot to mention Combat Reflexes which is possessed by PC

3. _doug_

Good find! I think i see how to fix it...

4. Pygmy

Fiery fists, Fists of iron and Fiery Ki Defence all work as intended although neither of the latter seem worth the effort.

Ki Blast appears to do nothing apart from producing a visual effect and a report in the dice roll window.

For what it's worth Freezing the Lifeblood works properly

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  5. _doug_

Pygmy likes this.
  6. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

From what I've been able to test the vigor spells are working albeit very weak.

And I am not sure if this is engine limitation but if vigor is on a character and you use the world map to travel the vigor stops and doesn't complete the remainder of the healing. Although that is likely ok as I've usually traveled back to town. However if you get ambushed you miss out on some healing.

Is it possible to scale them better? Lesser vigor does 2 per round instead of 1. Or some scaling per character level?

7. Pygmy

Thank you very much. I will return to party that contains Karmic Strike swaskbuckler and prospective Unseen Seer. The Brigand Tower seemed too good an opportunity to test multiple AOO Karmic Strike not to pause.

8. _doug_

I'll take a look at the world map thing. It may well be something that cannot be fixed easily though.

As far as making them better goes I plan to stick to the official rules. But they can be modified easily enough.

9. _doug_

Sounds like fun. Let me know how it goes!

10. Pygmy

Karmic Strike seemed OK thank you but brigand tower combat a bit too hectic to be sure so far. Thank you.

11. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Doug, makes sense, i did some reading and it may be possible that the feat Augmented Healing is intended to work with those spells increasing the initial healing amount by plus 2 per spell level, but all remaining healing would be normal during the duration. Not a huge buff and probably not worth implementing but by RAW for 3.5 i think it worked that way.

That being said, let me know if you fix the map issue, its such a small issue with a niche spell and circumstance though it probably isnt worth it to fix over anything else.

12. _doug_

Unfortunately, it grants fast healing healing and doesn't heal directly so I don't think augment healing should have an effect.

I looked into why it doesn't heal on the map transition and it seems like an engine issue. It seems that the condition gets removed without a final begin round event when there is a rest or map transition. Is that a known issue @Sitra Achara ?

13. _doug_

FYI: I am going to assume no news is good news and finalize this version fairly soon if I don't hear anything more.

Did anyone get a change to test Ki Blast again?

14. Pygmy

Sorry I have been preoccupied. I have just tested Ki Blast and it now works.

Could I be impertinent enough to request the addition of the spell Hunter's Eye as it really fills out the Unseen Seer PRC please?

15. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Yeah speaking of unseen seer. Are any divination spells good? Legit question usually I blast things haha.

I know the seer cares about divination just unsure of how to use the class.

Also I imagine light crossbow rather than melee fighter?

Our Host!