Voicing the Voiceless

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Feb 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, CtB1 is wondering if we can have another go at a few of the Jade Empress lines. Specifically, the following lines could stand to be even more 'angry' sounding, as they are delivered mid-battle:

And these two lines are supposed to be screamed in a rage, I believe:

Hopefully the constipation factor won't play into this. ;)

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You folks don't know what gwai-lo means? Well there goes that joke :yawn: And you call yourselves a cultural melting-pot... ;)

Its generally translated 'white devil' or 'foreign devil' - thanks to Ruf for the exact meaning :)

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

If done right with the voice-over in a properly raised voiced, those two lines would be so funny to hear...and nothing about conspiracies, just totally funny if done properly.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Actually, we're a lot more like beef stew.

5. Gaear

Here are three additional dialogue files if you care to do them - Brother Smyth, Seleucas (Lareth's Lieutenant), and Grank from the Water Node.

We don't neccesarily need to terminate this project when the new mod arrives, as we can always release more voices with mod updates, as long as you're still game for doing this stuff. Likewise, there is no particular rush to do these. The recent surge was a fine effort indeed.

Attached Files:

6. Zorn

Zorn Member

I'll get the fixes on Jade Empress.

I need either Spike or Curufin for Ah Fong. I've tried and I don't like my efforts to date, so I want to hear another voice on it.

We can do other voices too. If you have the scripts we can get 'em done.

I'm working on Mona. Heh.:D

Hey now. Do yall still want me to do recordings? I didn't think to ask.

7. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

A most emphatic and resounding YES!!

And don't forget about the Keep. :) (yes I can too start a sentance with "AND", see I just did);)

Cuchulainn.

8. Gaear

Alright, it's time to do a little July cleaning, I think. I mentioned a long time ago the possibility of filling in missing audio files from already voiced characters. These lines could be missing because they were subsequently created by Co8 modders, or they were missed by Troika during development. If you've still a mind to do it, Zorn, let's take a shot at an easy one: Kobort.

Kobort is missing only one line. It is:

Attached is a sample file of Kobort speaking other lines, for your reference.

Other NPCs may have only a few missing lines, like Kobort, or a great many missing lines. I think Burne has ended up only about half-voiced, for example. But let's try Kobort on for size first and go from there.

Gaear

Attached Files:

9. Zorn

Zorn Member

Hang on a bit...I have a computer upgrade happening. So my production is disrupted. I'll be back in bidness asap.

10. Zorn

Zorn Member

Computers are upgraded etc...

Will have some more stuff by this weekend!

Got a new guy From Bonn Germany wants to do some voices. Gee what an accent!

Can't wait.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Just wanted to say I finally got to actually play Co8 5.0.0 final with all the voices, and wasn't thinking about it so got surprised by both Jade Empress and Kent having voices - damn that was fantastic! :rock:

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I thought I would let you know there is some major reworking of the cabinet makers dialog going on, just in case there were any plans to voice him.

13. Zorn

Zorn Member

Absolutely can do.

BUT

I don't know if anyone ever complains about thier Computer FUs.

So I will only say these things. What the hell is a SM BUS Controller and why has it crippled my ability to work on my computer?

It apparently needs a driver, but no one wants to admit its thier driver that is missing or has a working driver for it.

I have also gotten some info back from Windows that is also pointing at Creative Labs as needing a fix from thier recent drivers of AUDIGY. The patch is now available to all (prolly because of me) so if you use thier stuff go get it. It fixes it.

Don't down load nVidia's new univ. driver and control system from 06/06 if your video is Geforce capable and is working fine. The controller does not feed the computer the recognizable whatevers to capture control of your multimedia controller. AND if you have on board sound it will default to it. AND if your sound is incompatible with the Video controller (Multimedia controller) Of which is anyones guess. You will soon be pissed way off as you labor to find a work around as you email are not answered for a fix for a week. I dont use on board sound (of course) so the worst that could happen did.

So. This has effected my recording ability. But I am testing today to see what was lost and setting up some recordings. Like all the corrections and add ons to start. Bear with me...I was on such a roll. :thumbsdow

BUT!! I now have a super new toy working real nice in the studio. I have a new environmental ambient microphone rig. I don't know how we will benifit but...can you say specialized or custom crowd content? Oh Yeah! :dance:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  14. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Gaear - I'm adding in the assassination quests to Gremag. I'm afraid I may have to add in other lines (3 probably). Will this be ok with what you are doing? [edit: I've decided just to reuse an already voiced line for my 3 new lines, but I've no idea how to hook the voice with the dlg file :) ]

edit: dlg files now hooked up with sound. This paragraph is now redundant :)

I'm also going to be doing 'things' with Smigmal and Falrinth in the future. And that's without mentioning altering and adding to other Hommlet residents as part of tidying up Clearing the Moathouse.

Sorry if this is/will cause you problems. :(

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  15. Gaear

Sorry for the late reply, Zeb.

Re: Smigmal & Falrinth, If you could work it using existing lines like you did with R & G, "that would be terrific." (- Bill Lumbergh) Otherwise, Falrinth is a Zorn voice, so he might be able to add a line or two. Remember also that I'm able to modify existing dialogue to a limited degree, so if you had a Smigmal line, for example, that wasn't quite right for what you wanted to do, I might be able to fix it.

Let me know if I can help.

Our Host!