Verbobonc?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

A strange thing happened on my first trip to Verbo after rescuing the sisters. Everyone carries their identity publicly: Hextor Acolyte, Scarlet Bro., Assassin Leader. Lerrik talks about gnomes immediately and poisoning the Viscount's mind and my group knows nothing about these things (except for the one shopkeeper in Hommlet who mentioned gnome competition).

2. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I can confirm all of this. Also, Wilfrick's daughter seems to award the party repeatedly... you just have to request money and she says "here, take a 100gp...".

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Does Prince Zook have a portrait?

Does the Co8 have any interest to add a simple fix in Verbobonc? Perhaps the NPCs - a guard perhaps - could give the player some guidance of where to go first. Actually, I am still trying to figure out what the location/dialog sequence was intended to be.

I am guessing it was intended that the party talk to the Viscount first. If so, a guard could proactively say, "pcname, news of your arrival has preceded you. The Viscount welcomes you to his home and eagerly awaits news from Hommlet. Please follow me."

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Viscount isn't always in his home, he goes to work during the day, and goes home at night (and yes the day/night shifting does play a small role in the story), but I'm being pedantic... The gnomes do have portraits, I meant to include the portraits in the CMF at some point, never got around to it, but they are in the portraits and voice pack, anyone who installed that with the Co8 5.0.5 module will have the missing portraits already, as for the viscount's daughter and the repeating reward... damn, I don't like dialogue files... and I guess the flag that is supposed to stop her from offering you money isn't working as it should. :(

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Portraits are being overhauled. Verbobonc is scheduled to be not so much overhauled as given the QA once-over. But that is down the line a ways. Seems like I have said all this before ... :blink:

6. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

This Master intrigues me..I thought it was accidentally left out...hmmm,I know who he is though,just not too sure how to trigger his arrival??? Late in game I guess???

I had probs with Lerrick and killed him when he was with scarlet brotherhood(which I know are evil),then found references to dialogue options first,so it is more interesting my new game around. Appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  7. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Well, I never meet the Master of the Bizarre, or something. No idea of who he is, actualy!

But, let me know: there are some quest working in Verbobonc axcept for the "weather" problem and the drow invasion? I'm playing the second campaing of the 5.5.0 mode, and the dialogue with the Assassin Leader still broken. Well, now I'm plaiyng a LG campaing, but I have just ended a NE campaing, and I do the Assassination quest in Nulb, and still with no diferents dialogues with anybody in Verbobonc.
    More than this, there are some way to know that the Scarlet Brotherhood are a bunch of killer? Well, sure the name of the elader say everything, but is strange to enter in a inn and found a man in red clothes that, well, is an assassin! From where I know this? I just imagine the scene: Master: "well, so, you pay for the roon, and go up stairs. In the first room in the secound floor, you see two monks wearing red clothes and an Assassin inside of the room standing alone" Player: "An Assassin?!?" Master: "Yes, he looks exactlly as an Assassin, but you believe that he shall gave ya some more XP than the other guys chating in the comon hall of the secound floor, becose he is the leader here. Yaou identify this becose... Ah... He is alone!" Player: "Ah, sure! So, lets kill them all!"
    Im asking becose I'm a RPlayer, and, althought I know that they're evil, my party don't know this! So, I've never found any motive to kill that brothers-of-a-bi&% with a good-aligned group!

Ah! and the acollite of the Hextor Church realy haven't any dialogue?

Last question: Any possibility to have some kind of "ampliation" on the streeets of Verbobonk? Maybe a small church of St. Cuthbert? Or some gnome/human tonwfolks? Maybe a NPC to be add to the party?
    (Well, I'm sorry, I realy love the work done in Verbo, but I just will love to see something biger in that place!)

8. Gaear

@Avatar_do_Grafite -

Keep an eye on the ToEE sticky thread in the News forum for upcoming Verbobonc news. You may not get everything you're asking for, but Verbobonc is definitely going to grow.

9. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

I have the same prob,I killed the assassins,well they are evil and I need the xps and their items. But it seems wasted,as best to discover them as 'evil' by dialogue and quest. I am also not sure how to 'discover' them as evil??? The map is limited,as it is Troika's opening map with improved features from the guys here. It would be nice to encounter people on the street except guards.
    The Master I know of,but only very late in game,a pity.

10. Gaear

Attached Files:

11. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Many thanks Gaer. I say that I love the work ya (all) are doing? Well, I love ya! And I´ll keep an eye in the mentioned thread, be sure!

(but, well, I think I've missed something bout old Jack there...)

Kylan, aye, I´m talkiing about this thing of the Master of Something Bizarre becose ya tell ya know him, before Allix mention him here in this thread. I´ve forgot about him looong ago!

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The main street definitely needs a drunk.

"Welcome to Verbonic! <hic!> I mean Verbocono <belch!> I mean... Ahhh, you know where you are. I need a drink... <hic!>"

13. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I could play that part!! Or I used to be able to....

With a little effort I could pull it off. Lemme know if you need a voice! Or more "hands on bottle" experience.

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I could too. But not while I'm stuck to this carpeted wall! :drunk:

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I REALLY need to lower my INT score now....

It took me a good 20 seconds to get that! Jeez!.... :roll:

And I'm sober too! For now............

Our Host!