Verbobonc?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

What am I missing?

I have beento Verbonic several times and talked to everyone, Cleaned out the evil temple, cleared the second floor of the Inn of the Scarlet Brotherhood (lots of good stuff in both locations BTW) and still havent found a key to the door to the Drow tunnels.

My Rogue can't unlock the door.

How do I get in there?

2. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Talk to the Gnomes. They will give you the key when you agree to help with the drow problem.

How did you get to the option of cleaning out the Scarlet Brotherhood? It doesn't seem that anyone else in Verbobonc had a problem with them, and when I talked to the head bad guy he just told me to (basicaly) go stuff myself, to which I was very surprised when I found that the only dialougue option was to agree to mind my own business.

3. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

I DID talk to the gnomes. I'll give that another try.

Re. the Scarlet Brotherhood, I got the same answers. My party is CG with a couple of CN's. I used the same logic I used to clear the trading post in Hommlet - EVIL = BAD = KILL. A little knowledge (from other sources) is a dangerous thing. I started the fight.

No one in Verbonic seemed to mind (so far) although the advisior for the head honcho in town was there when I wnt back.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think I need another fix to the Gnome Prince's dialogue to fix the key option, the lock can be picked by a decent rogue though, I've done it myself many times. The Scarlet Brotherhood do have a part to play in the mod, and it's worked fine in testing for me, but you shouldn't be able to trigger that plot if you haven't fought any Drow yet, You must have forced combat, or taken offence to something their leader said ;)

5. MacRican

MacRican Swashbuckler

damn, I figured all those scarlet guys were there for something, but the dialogue options never took me anywhere. And I believe I've exhausted all my ways back to verbobonc (all three street merchants, the princess chick and the waitress girl) Oh well.....

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There's always [hopefully] a previous game save and, as well, there's always next time in the next game.

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

about the red brotherhood. when i went back to talk to them later lerrick was with them. now he didnt say anything different when i questioned him and when i went back later he was gone. was he suppose to be there? i figure he was because of the job the brotherhood wanted me to do. by the way you should put in a option to talk to zook or the viscount about it. as a CG party i wasnt going to do it and he never asked anything else so i just killed them after that..

8. Allyx

Yes, Lerrik is supposed to be there, CG groups can most certainly accept the Scarlet Brotherhood's quest, though whether they actually complete it, or report this act of treason to the Viscount is entirely upto the player ;)

9. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

When I turned them in to the Viscount and then took them all out, I ended up with Lerrik on my kill board, but here's the odd part - he showed up as LG. Why would a LG wizard hire the Scarlet Brotherhood to whack the Viscount? That doesn't make much sense to me, unless I'm missing something...:confused:

10. Allyx

What can I say but...

Ooops :shy:

He's supposed to be Lawful Evil, he's not supposed to worship St Cuthbert either, but since he cas no clerical abilities, that's kind of a moot point.

11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i never had the option to tell anyone about thier plan i had the same diologue options with the viscount as always. when i killed off the brotherhood lerrik didnt die he was still with the viscount, course he wasnt in the room at the time he only appeared with them once.

12. Allyx

Yeah, you have to have already proven your worth in the assassin line of work to get the leader to offer the quest. Double crossing Skole in the assassination of Lodriss quest is enough to trigger this plot line though.

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well he offered me the job of taking out the viscount, and i never got the chance to double cross skole this time, but when i went to the viscount to tell him about it i didnt have the option to turn the assassin in. and lerrik never said anything different that he normally does the whole time.

14. Allyx

There are in fact 4 different triggerers for the assassination quest, all involve assassinating someone, any one of these will work, if all four triggers are there it will make the assassin state, that your almost as good as he is ;)

About the Viscount not mentioning the plot to kill him, you should speak to him at his home at night time - it's no good talking about a treason conspiracy in front of the head conspirator now is it?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ahhhhhh good point well ill be trying it agian as i started a new one to try the hickory tree branch mod. course you know with that being before verbobonc ill probally be around 9th level when i get to verbobonc.

something else i wondering about, can you make it so that the girls and merchants do take up a party spot? i hate having to wait to pick up my last npc untill after all the trips to verbobonc are over.

Our Host!