Verbobonc?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. moralgay

moralgay Bertram Rider lv.2!

LOL, strangely enough you sound just like me Noran :D
    Actually I took care of the Giant and Bear at Emirdy at 4th level, it's how I got to 5th before Nulb. But also clear Moathouse, do everything in Hommlet and what little there was to do in Nulb (Lawful Good), of course I cannot touch a single evil quest so in Temple is purging it clear from top to bottom... although I took out Scorpe early then fled back upstairs. I'm fairly sure I was 6th when first dealing with 1-2 sets of prisoners and I might just getting 7th on finishing with them on just as talking to 3rd set or maybe not, can't recall fully. But here's the trick, my party is always full 5 PC, 3 NPCs and I have leveled up several NPCs, it's not the same 3 always for maximum spell leeching and variety, so some XP may go to them, but then again some not as I put Otis in for a while and he's already maximum 10.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I often run through the moat house (all you need is a cleric to get you past all the pesky undead)- and get lareth to take me straight to the temple, taking the path which causes lareth to run off, then go and do a couple of temple quests to find the ogre cave, just cos I like finding it and then retire to the snake pit to get a but of ffm/s&m/lezzy action (mary and her animal companion just don't do it for me tho). with the right cloaks and robes and a good face person (rogue or bard) you can do all that with barely any combat.

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

can you go back to verboc once you leave?

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

There are a limited number of times you can go to Verbobonc so the answer is generally yes, but it could be no for you depending on what you have or haven't done in your game ;)

5. Kneller1

well, how do you go back?

6. Noran the Axe

Noran the Axe Member

The same way that you get there to begin with.

7. Kneller1

by talking to the girl prisioner. are you saying that I should find the other prisioner to get back?

8. Zebedee

If you want to return to Verbobonc, you have to find other people who will take you there.

Due to the way that the world map works, modders have to use dialogue in order to 'teleport' you to a completely new area.

9. Kneller1

Then why carn't they make it eaiser to get there?

10. Zebedee

You'll have to wait for Allyx to comment on why he chose to limit the opportunities to get to Verbobonc. I'm sure he'll listen to feedback which convinces him that it should be 'easier' to get to Verbobonc and which fits in with his vision on how his mod should be integrated into the game. :)

11. Noran the Axe

Noran the Axe Member

While I cannot speak for Allyx, from what I can see in the this thread (see his comments above), he's expecting the party to be of a certain level in order to handle Verbobonc. As such, he expects the story line to be at a general point in order to make the transfer. Allyx has made quite a number of ways in order to get to Verbobonc - more than enough in my humble opinion.

My guess is that Allyx put this together in this way in order to keep the player A) interested in going, and B) prevent monty-hauling earlier levels of the game.

Again, you'll have to wait on Allyx to answer but this is my take on the subject.

12. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

I cant get either of the girls in the turnkeys room OR the traders with morgan to give me any clue to verbobonc. If male character talks to the girls she asks for 1000 gold and mentions verbobonc takes the money and leaves. She doesnt say anything to a female character but thanks!. The traders just leave, how the heck do you trigger this?
    Yes this is a 5.0 game, everyone in my party is 5th level, a spoiler would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  13. Zebedee

Spoiler:

I know for the girls that your group average level has to be greater than 5 in order to get the option to take her into your group and go to Verbobonc.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I guess, now that i've seen this thread I should comment.

As mentioned above the girls in the first floor of the temple require you to be 5th level or higher, the merchants in Morgan's room were never meant to tae you to Verbobonc (they are Ted Ed and Ed so making them do it would screw up some of the other options) The merchants who can take you to Verbobonc are in the second level of the temple.

Verbobonc was only ever intended as a side trek adventure, to make the area a persistant worldmap location would require a temple.dll hack that I'm unable to do, I was recieving help in this matter from Bradwinri but he's bone AWOL since then and never released his work to me or anyone else unfortunately, besides the limited number of visits to Verbobonc IMHO is a good thing, the merchants who set up shop there have extensive supplies of masterwork items, and the master of the Bazaar of the Bizzare (apart from being the hardest trader in the game to get access to) has an extensive collection of magical items for sale, that potentially could unballance the game, by limiting the number of available visit's to such a low number I hope I have restored this ballance.

15. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Member

Hey all. First post here. I was pretty surprised the first time I went to Verbobonc. Maybe because I didn't read up on all the details in the CO8 mod. Clearing out the drow and variety of monsters was a blast. It reminded me so much of a quest I wrote up when I was a 13 year old dungeon master. That's not a knock in the least. The whole game with your additions brings back those memories for me. It's very clever and fits seamlessly.

The only thing that gets me is shit like Neverwinter Nights has such a huge community, great editors and support (although sometimes debatable) and the best PC DnD game is totally ignored. I'm in love with TOEE. Thank god I waited for you guys to make it worthwhile.

Our Host!