Verbobonc Trader Issues.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackfly, Jul 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I am in V with the 5.0.0 mod, and I find NO traders; weapons or armour, of any kind. When I released Morgan ( the fisherman in the temple, level 1 with the traders who originally let me to V in the beta mod) I was able to get both traders, but with the release of the final mod I have no traders to use. I am laden with goods to sell but I do not want to leave as there are limited ways to get back and I want to stay until done.

Can anyone help/explain? I know that the traders may be dialog related, but the trader with Morgan simply said he wanted back to V and I said I would help but no lead to V itself. I have no idea how to get the traders to show up and why.

I would rather not console anything, so in vein with being honest, could anyone help?

Enjoying it immensely though....

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Traders in Morgan's room, was an error on my part, they were never supposed to be in that room at all, this issue has been fixed, they now work as I intended them to, unfortunately it doesn't really help you with your current problem.

However, if you freed Jenna, she should be able to buy your unwanted goods. You'll have to hunt a little more to find the Verbobonc Traders.

Sorry.

3. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I would like to know what it takes to find them. I admit I am not yet through the temple, but I could not find them in V at all when I was there.

4. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

I know I'm digging up the past here, but have been all over the place and I'm stuck. I've checked every exit/door/etc. and cleared out all of the various things :( Can anybody give me a heads up even if it is through a PM? I'm not as concerned about the Master of the Bazaar of the Bizarre, but it'd be great to find him too.

Cheers,

Feyd

5. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Been too busy to play lately, but if you freed Jenna then she should be in the Tavern downstairs, dressed as a serving wench. She'll buy anything. There's also a scroll seller with an excellent selection in the corner building on the T intersection.

6. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Supposedly there are more traders than this. She's a crap trader when it comes down to it because she pays a quarter of what an item is worth! With all the "big ticket" items in that sidequest you're missing out on at least ten thousand if not more gold pieces if you don't use all of it.

FR

7. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

There's a way to get more traders, but I don't know it. I figure I'll run into it eventually, once I finally start playing again.

If you have the Extraplanar Chest, you can always pack it with goodies and then sell them back in Hommlet. ;)

8. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

I never did figure out that spell...

BTW, as an update I figured some things out (I think) and so I'll post here when I know more... (tried to get the text to be "highlight only" but it didn't work!)

I'm still having problems with what happens after I clear everything in the dungeon and get those rewards... I know there are other sidequests because you can't have a contingent of scarlet brotherhood members just lounging about for no reason, but I haven't found anything that triggers a quest from them...

FR

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  9. tommy1017

tommy1017 Member

the scarlet brotherhood....... i cant seem to find a way to start that quest......any help here would be nice. i have done most other quests in v and have only been able to get the scroll seller and jenna. i brought the other girl (in cell with jenna) but ctd.....so my sales in v are limited. however the scarlet brotherhood seems inticing yet nadda. help anyone

10. Allyx

The weapon and armour traders are locked up in the 2nd level of the temple dungeon (in the same room as Wicked). The Scarlett Brotherhood quest is triggered by having completed one of the games three other assassination quests or the initiate of the assassin's guild reputation.

As for Elysia causing a CTD, I've never had a problem with her before, so I'm not sure what to say.

11. tommy1017

tommy1017 Member

:Crazy_Tig once again al you save my dreary night thank you!!!!btw are any new mods upcoming with more story lines, areas?

12. Allyx

Heh, not yet. There are some area's in Verbobonc that are in need of some attention, but I haven't started any work in that area yet, Ted wants some assistance from me in KotB, so that will be my next project which shouldn't take long to do, then who knows. Adding a little more for the Hextor church has long been a goal of mine, so that could be on the cards, adding a few guards to the Viscount's office and a few of the city folk who live in Verbobonc has also beenput off in favour of getting the dialogues and quests working properly, so I might get around to adding them soon as well.

As for new area's, I'm reluctant to add any more new content until we as a community make a decision as to what to do as far as reballancing the game. It could be that I have to restructure and reballance the entire Verbo-mod and how to gain access to it if the community decides that we should put all the new content at the end of the game instead of in the middle (EG The Tales of the Wild Coast).

13. tommy1017

tommy1017 Member

so i found the traders jenna and ellisa. brought them all home to v. killed the drow and those badies and did the scarlet brotherhood. i still cant find traders....only thing i wonder is if i should not have killed the viscount? i have both traders and i cant find them any where. i read above that there are soppused to be more ... maybe someone can spoil this for me in a pm or a spoiler thread?? help please!

ok please help i found everything in v except traders...least i think i did....i(spoiler).....
    i did the kill the viscount ..killed everyon in hexor church..killed drow and dragon...brought jenna and ellisa.. and both traders yet no traders... help please.

dam wireless internet. bad excuse for posting twice but sorry!:anger:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  14. Allyx

You freed both of the merchants in Wicked's room and they haven't shown up in Verbobonc? Try looking near the deadend in the northeast corner of the street map. If they're not there, open the console and type...

game.global_flags(###) == 1

replace ### with 996 and 998. They should return a 1 if they have been released.

game.global_flags(###) = 1

will make the traders appear.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  15. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Member

Okay, the Verbobonc traders appears broken. I'm running 5.0.2 and it worked fine with 5.0.0.

I have tried every possible dialogue combo. If I take them both back, neither one appears. The Armorer will appear if I take him back alone or tell him to make his own way back. Gregor the Weaponsmith will not appear no matter what I do.

I even tried the console commands with and without spaces fore and aft of the = signs, since it's not clear what you typed there, to no avail. Is there a time lag for him to set up shop?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Our Host!