Upgrading to the new pack: a question for the community

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, Dec 21, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

Upgrading to the new pack: questions for the community

I'm getting ready to install ToEE on a new sytem build and I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade to the 5.5 Co8 pack, and lose all my save games created under 5.0x, or continue from where I was and miss all the new content. I had gotten as far as the Fire Temple before my attention was diverted by life etc. In your opinion as Beta testers, would you trade all the time you had invested getting that far for the new content and improvements? I invested literally days of real time getting there and am pretty reluctant to just let it go. Do you think the new stuff is good enough that it's worth starting over to get it?

Speaking of Beta testing, as someone who hasn't done any due to severe deficiencies in altruism, discipline, and dedication, I'd like to express my appreciation and respect for those of you who have given their time so that freeloaders like me can reap the rewards.

If I owe the Betans appreciation and respect, how could I give the Co8 anything less than gratitude and awe? I've said similar things in the past, but every time I come here I am amazed anew at what you have done and continue to do. (INSERT: I was going to suggest- nay, demand that you put up a donation link but I found it just before posting this. It's remarkable what you can see when you actually take the time to look. ;). Have something alcoholic on me :beer:) Thanks, all of you, for the incredible job you have done in the past and will certainly do in the future.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

In my opinion, "HELL NO!". Do both. I have 4 ToEE icons on my desktop. (I REALLY need different colors.)

KotB
    TFE-X 5.0.6
    TFE-X Toffee Mods
    5.5.0 Beta

If you insist, I think the BETA is no more buggy than 5.0.0 and is far less buggy than 5.0.6 (try 5.0.5 + Sitra's trader/temple mod).

Our Host!