Updating and adding summoning spells

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by darmagon, Mar 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Okay...u convinced me to locate a picture of a white dragon. I find one tonight and submit it from home.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ummm well the baby white IS a half-drowned cat... dunno what I was thinking, but I warned u there was a shock ;)

The others should be ok :)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Do I still have line-item veto power over Co8 mods? If so, that wet cat-dragon's got to go. Sorry Ted . . . everything else you've ever done has of course been brilliant! :biggergri

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I thought there was something off with that portrait when I put it in, but I didn't want to criticize.

As Allyx says, Ted, all your portraits are in the Play Files (.mes and .ppf). The Portrait Pack doesn't have a file called portrait.mes.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here's my White Dragon picture.

Attached Files:

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

And, here are the TGA correctly formatted and sized pictures, each based on the above picture - named with 's' or 'm' [all four] and 'grey' [two].

* The two color pictures are formatted for 16+ million colors and the two black-n-white pictures are formatted in true Black-n-White.

[EDIT] updated B&W pics, removed previous zip file and attached new zip file

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Hopefully, these are what we want for Teds 'lil White Dragon.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I feel a bit more comfortable with krunch's dragon pictures than I do with ol' soggy moggy, thanks krunch.

@krunch, The grey scale won't work (IIRC) you should lower the saturation to 0% instead as using the grey scale alters the file size.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well I beg to differ... I mean which of the 2 pics looks like a baby dragon, fresh from the egg, covered in mucus?

<grumble mumble sassafrassinfrickinfracken...> I'll get my cats in somehow, dagnabit...

I suppose my 'Thrommel as Vampire' pic isn't good enough either???

Attached Files:

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

okay - I'll make two new grey tga pics using true black-n-white 0 saturation, instead of gray scale, (tonight) for the lil' White Dragon. I'll update the previous post with an updated zip consisting of the two new pics.

11. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Dammit, sorry, my computer has been down since last week and haven't even read about this until now. Anyway here goes.

-please find below a quick fix for Summon Monster 4. Just drop it in your scr directory and delete the .txt extension. Entirely my fault. Forgot to change the needed line when copying and pasting.

-don't get the same problem with 3 but haven't tried everything. AFAIK the script is okay but may need some more checking.....

-sorry, should have warned about the spontaneous casting problem. It doesn't work above fifth level spells. Was actually working on the problem when my computer spontaneously shut down on me, and subsequently refused to switch on again. found out some stuff about line 2000 in spell.mes and actually got as far as implementing spell number -1 (yeah, negative 1)and had it working too. I think there might be something to be learned with all this as far as radial menus work but haven't had a chance to really get into it. Been forced to watch a lot of TV, between crazy bouts of trying to get my system working again, over the last week.

-implementing new spells is fairly straightforward. The only problem I have is burning up spell slots. Basically, if we need it, we need it but I think we should be careful when determining what we need. Of course, if the negative numbered spells are actually available and I didn't just run into a weird, but limited, glitch, then there are no worries. We would have room for 1000 more spells/spell-like effects or what have you. However, I don't think that is the case so we might want to look at updating old spell scripts with special cases for new creatures. For example, we might be able to simulate the hell hound's breath weapon with suitable additions to the already existing burning hands spell.

- actually, I think that is quite a good idea. This would be for strictly NPCs with only one spell like effect not covered elsewhere (and not implementable via a script attachment point), mind you. We could take basically one spell slot and dump just about everything we need into it. With the name field defined for everything in the protos all we have to do is check the .name of the thing to find out what effect we want.​

-Don't Know what to say about summon nature's ally IX, I don't currently have a druid of high enough level to cast the spell. But if I type 'all_spells' at the console my 6th level druid gets the spell just fine.

I will be checking into these things on the weekend (so long as nothing further goes wrong with my computer) so look for something more solid by the end of it.

Darmagon

Attached Files:

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

updated Teds lil' white dragon B&W fotos...replaced the attached zip file

see my previous above post # 96

13. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I think that is the perfect vampire picture. :D

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@ted: It's sesame street meets the twilight zone!..

15. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Thanks Darmagon, I'll give it a try - but I probably won't be able to do so until Saturday night.

I've gotten some more creatures done (Hound Archon, Leonal, Hell Hound, Shadow Mastiff & Yeth Hound), I've got new meshes done for the latter three as well.

From what you are saying about creature spells, would it be possible to have a single 'mephit-breath' spell for the mephit's breath weapon, that selects the correct type of breath based on mephit type (for instance) - or even a general 'breath_weapon' spell for ALL creature breath weapons?

Is there any way to impliment energy vunlerability (i.e. vulnerability to cold) - or does this require a .dll fix (probably), likewise for DR ##/evil?

Charles

Our Host!