Updating and adding summoning spells

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by darmagon, Mar 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Damargon, thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.
    ACE, I'm glad you liked it, at least I managed to do something productive today :errf: .

Now I need sleeep.... :asleep:

Charles

2. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

Dire Bear!!! texture finished, came out awesome im loving it!:eyebrow:

ill post textures and mesh prots updates soon, then everyon can enjoy!

a few pics, druid again with her pet they just get deadlier lol.

Attached Files:

3. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Firstly, that's a very good dire bear, ACE, well done.

I've done some further investigation, as suggested, I copied my Avoral texture into the harpy mesh folder (suitably re-named), this shows that my problem is not the texture (although I had messed up the main body texture, it simply didn't show up at all). It turns out I'd messed up the hex edit - it works :pelvicthr !!!!

Anyway, here are some shots of what I've managed (these are the re-skinned harpy after I fixed the body texture), what do you think? I'm thinking that the blue should be paler, perhaps.

Darmagon, I've tried your updated spell files, and they seem to work, except I'm getting strange results from trying to spontainious cast Summon Nature's Ally VI to IX.

I've included the results of summoning some things... (it's in the .rar).

Charles

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  4. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Further Update, I can confirm that there is a problem with spontantous casting of Summon Nature's Ally VI-IX (I also can't get Summon Nature's Ally IX to show up in my druid's spell list for some reason - I'm looking into it). I suspect looking at a list somewhere (maybe in the DLL) and for the 6th & higher level spells, it's looking beyond the end of the list and getting inappropriate entries.

I'm going to need to grab a few item protos'tab IDS, some of these creatures come equipped, for instance, the bralani is quipped with a holy scimitar +1 and a holy composite longbow +1 (although the picture shows one using a spear! and wearing something like Cujo's galdiator armour).

Charles

5. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey Nerik,

Bloody nice work on the Harpy. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't lighten the blue myself, think it looks good. Of course that's just my opinion.

Cuchulainn.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Looks like Hommlet's in serious trouble . . .

Also, I like the fourth Harpy best, with the paler blue. Nice work! :thumbsup:

7. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Firstly, thanks Cuchulainn, I'll leave it as is for now.

Thanks, but, err... actually, they are all the same creature, just from different angles :shy: On the subject of the avoral, what are everyone's preferences for the portrait, I can either...

1) Re-colour the existing harpy portrait,

or

2) Use the Monster Manual portrait, which is, unfortunately, of a male avoral.

I did some experimenting last night, I think I might be able to do a dretch using a re-textured Chaggrin model. OTOH, I think the chaggring model would also work well as a replacement for the existing galeb dhur model (which ATM is using the earth elemental model with a different texture).

Finally, does anyone know how Darley's wings are attached? I can't seem to find anything in the protos.tab.

Charles

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry, the last one looked paler to me. But they are nice all around.

Re: the portrait, I myself think that we should try to stick to Troika's original material as much as possible to maintain a consistent theme (in this case graphically), so I'd be in favor of re-coloring the existing Harpy portrait.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Darley's necklace is responsible for adding the wings and horns, it attaches an addmesh to the model when it is equipped, but I think it crashes the game if attached to males. I've never tried adding it to monsters but I'm pretty sure it crash the game too.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

For me Darleys necklace works on both males and monsters

11. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Thank's Allyx & Cujo, I might be able to use that. I've been slowly adding new creatures to the protos, and testing the results, I'm planning to post the current version later.

I also have a request, does anyone think they could do a new texture for the bat model to represent owls and eagles? I was thinking of using the harpy model, but that was because I somehow thought that harpies didn't have arms :shrug: , so I now think that the bat model is the best we can use, and an owl & eagle texture would be useful for a large number of creatures.

Anyway, as mentioned, I'll post an update later today.

Charles

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I suspect Allyx has already done some such thing for the 'familiars' thing.

13. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Actually, the owl familiar uses a very small owlbear mesh, while the raven and falcon use very small vrocks - works quite well at that size.

I've uploaded the current version Darmagon's summoning spells and summoned creatures, with the meshes for my Avoral mesh and Virtual SpACEman's wild boars as separate .rar's due to the maximum file size.

Many of the creatures have 'placeholder' meshes ATM until we get the proper meshes done (mostly re-textures), also I have not yet got round to doing any statergy.tab entries for the new creatures that need them.

Darmagon, for some reason, I'm getting strange behaviour when I use Summon Monster III & IV to summon the new creatures, I get random creatures instead! Also, I cannot seem to get Summon Nature's Ally IX to show up on my druid's spell list at all, although the others work. I've already mentioned the spontanious casting problem, does anyone know if clerics have the same problem when trying to spontaniously cast healing spells of 6th level or higher?
    Also, how easy is it to add new spells/spell-like effects, as a few of the creatures have their own abilities that need implimenting somehow, for instance mephits & hell hounds have breath weapons.

Finaly, on the subject of mephits, what naming scheme would you prefer, 'Air Mephit' as it is now, and matching the scheme used by most existing creatures, or 'Mephit, Air' which would group them all in one part of the radial menu?

Charles

Attached Files:

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Allyx has changed the owl model to a miniature harpy (which flies rather than crawls, and looks much more owl-like) but I don't think it has been released yet. I think it is waiting on my MOB version of Kalshane's Protos Fixes, which should be released in a day or two.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If that is almost done, do we have a 4.1.0 almost ready to go?

Our Host!