Updated Co8 and now all of my old saves read as corrupt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayhova4x4, Oct 7, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. jayhova4x4

jayhova4x4 Member

I was playing TEE back in 2017 with Co8. I recently installed it again and now for some reason none of my save games will load and I get a corrupt error. This is all of my saves I think. How do I go about troubleshooting this, and is this the correct forum to even ask about this?

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Most likely you didn't activate the co8 mod from the front end, either back then or now.

3. jayhova4x4

jayhova4x4 Member

I can't speak to back then. I installed the mod via the installer this time and the front end says it's installed. Is there anything I can do?

4. Sitra Achara

You can deactivate the co8 module and play vanilla (assuming that is the case).
    If you post a save I could also take a look.

5. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Sitra is almost too helpful :p Because:

The game has been tweaked fairly extensively in Temple+ and this will likely result in 2 scenarios:
    1. The old save will eventually corrupt or conflict and crash
    2. You will have to play with the old version. While that could be fun, it is a shame to not try the improvements.

The game is not that long, that a restarting with a new install is going to cause much time loss. You'll likely spend more time trying to correct or identify bugs that pop up from old saves.

6. Sitra Achara

He didn't mention Temple+ so I'm assuming he's not using it :)

Having said that, it *should* be possible to load up old saves with Temple+.

Corrupt save error can occur when the game object data (i.e. MOB files) is mismatched between the save contents and current module contents, which is inline with what I said in my previous post.

By the way, another easy way to tell what version was used is if your save files contain .c08 suffix files, which of course are indication that they are Co8 saves. And vice versa, if you don't have them then you must've played without actually activating the mod back then.

Our Host!