Uninstall KotB

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by relic, Apr 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. relic

relic Established Member

How do you uninstall the KotB module? I have just reinstalled TOEE, the different Co8 mods, TOEEFE, KotB, and its patches. However, when I started a new KotB game patched to 1.0.3.1 and went in the front gate, the entire map was black. I could see doors and NPCs, but everything else was black. At night, I could see the bottom half of the Keep map, but everything above the inn was black. All the indoor maps were fine as were maps outside the Keep. I tried installing the KotB patch 1.0.3 and 1.0.3.1 again, but still had the same map blackout problems.

Any ideas?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Deactivate the module as described in the Installation Instructions for the Patch part of the original download thread HERE then just delete the data.KotB and KotB module folder (modules/KotB). If you're uninstalling it permanently delete the KotB.dat file too, but just to do a reinstall, deleting those 2 folders will do it - other than the Player's Guide, there's nothing else to it ;)

3. relic

relic Established Member

Thank you, Ted. I'm deleting modules/KotB as I write. Dang, it's a good-sized file. I don't want to permanently delete the KotB.dat file, so after I delete data.KotB and modules/KotB I can just reinstall the patches and I should be good? Since I'm not deleting KotB.dat, I shouldn't need to zip the whole KotB_DEMO into my Atari/TOEE folder, correct?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Noooooooooooo, very wrong! KotB.dat is generated by the Front-End - it contains everything else the game may need to run (all the various unmodded files - spells and effects and damage types and all the other elements of the basic D&D engine that we didn't have to fiddle with) and if you delete the two modules, you have to reinstall the Demo, then the patch. Sorry about that - I realise the Demo takes a long time to unzip (hopefully a properly generated auto-unzip exe file, or an rar file, may fix that in the final version) but after all, a complete uninstall means getting rid of everything and starting from scratch.

Since KotB.dat doesn't change, you don't have to delete it if you don't want - that was just a suggestion for anyone else who wanders by wondering how to completely get rid of it from a ToEE game. Not that anyone would want to do such a thing... :no:

5. relic

relic Established Member

OK, I got. Thanks, Ted!

6. relic

relic Established Member

Ted,

I've reinstalled per your instructions, and everything seems to be working like a charm. Thanks, again!
    :clap:

Our Host!