Unfixed problems?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausir, Nov 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

Okay two magic item changes

{12014}{Oohlgrist's emerald belt}
    Add "OIF_WEAR_LOCKPICKS" to col 61
    Add "Monster Energy Immunity" to col 168
    Add "Acid" to col 169
    Add "{12014}{Oohlgrist's emerald belt grants the wearer immunity to acid.}" to long_descriptions.mes

{12016}{Rope of Entanglement}
    Add "OIF_NO_NPC_PICKUP" to col 50
    Add "-1" to col 59
    Add "Useable Item X Times Per Day" to col 168
    Add "0" to col 169
    Add "3" to col 170
    Add "'Hold Person' class_sorcerer 3" to col 312
    Add "{12016}{The Rope of Entanglement allows hold person to be cast 3 times per day}" to long_descriptions.mes

I've tested the belt and it works. I haven't tested the rope of entanglement yet.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Belt sounds good. :)
    However I would prefer if we could separate fixes and mods into 2 categories so that users would be able to choose whether they wanted just "fixes" or "fixes and mods".

Never tried the Rope before. Correct me if I'm wrong but from protos.tab it doesn't seem to do anything at all. A correction would be highly needed here. Let us know if it works out.

Here's the relevant 3.5e SRD entry:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Rope of Entanglement: A rope of entanglement looks just like any other hempen rope about 30 feet long. Upon command, the rope lashes forward 20 feet or upward 10 feet to entangle a victim. An entangled creature can break free with a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check.
    The rope has AC 22, 12 hit points, and hardness 10, and it has damage reduction 5/slashing as well. The rope repairs damage to itself at a rate of 1 point per 5 minutes, but if a rope of entanglement is severed (all 12 hit points lost to damage), it is destroyed.
    Moderate transmutation; CL 12th; Craft Wondrous Item, animate objects, animate rope, entangle; Price 21,000 gp; Weight 5 lb.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hold Person requires a Will save instead of checking against Str. Entangle would be a closer choice in terms of Str check but it is an area spell and might be a bit bugged similarly as for Web.
    Any ideas from the others?

3. zhuge

@Tekman:
    Thanks for the observation on Web. There's been a lot of confusion lately. I hope we can settle this issue soon.

Improved Uncanny Dodge is in the .pdf manual. Maybe they hit the 300,000 word limit while they were writing it in the in-game help file and decided to cut it out. ;)

Regarding increasing spell slots for stat increasing artifacts umm... not sure how to go about it, currently. Maybe the more experienced coders could help you here. Since the game does recognize natural stat gain at levels 4 and 8 to increase spell slots, if we could somehow trick the engine into believing that a stat increasing artifact functions the same way, it might work.

@ldonyo
    I never used Maximized Spell pre patch. My observations were based post patch. You are welcome to send the screenshot but first make sure you are casting from a 4th level slot from the radial menu, not the 1st level slot.

4. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Member

Elf reward bug/fix - Longspear wrong class

Didn't see this elsewhere... The reward you get for rescuing the two elves (NOT Thrommel).... isn't given correctly. You get the unicorn ring and the platinum, but you don't get the BLUE Elven Chain you should get. The reason is that there is a mismatch between the InvenSourc.mes file in .../rules and the elven_maiden.dlg file. The .mes file shows the elf maiden having TWO sets of GREEN elven chain armor in inventory (presumably wearing one set)... these are proto#6214. The .dlg file function call to transfer the armor to the pc uses proto# 6125, which is the BLUE armor. This mismatch causes you (in my case) to get NO armor at all... although someone on the Atari forum reported getting a set of GREEN armor. The simple fix is to change one of the .mes file numbers from 6214 to 6125.... I tested this and it works fine.

Also, the Longspear (which I really wanted my sorcerer to use) is NOT classified as a simple weapon which it should be in 3.5 rules. It is showing as "martial", which it was under 3.0.... This I don't know how to change... If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate it.

5. zhuge

@Dinsdale:
    Thanks for the info and tests regarding the Elven Chain reward. It has been a puzzle for some time. We'll try to put it in the next patch. Be sure to stick around in case we need clarification.
    :thumbsup:

I pretty much agree with Shin's observation on the Longspear issue which you brought up in another thread. We could change longspear in Col72 (using Phalzyr's editor) to another weapon class in protos.tab but this may also alter reach and other parameters linked with weapon class.

The best approach as Shin mentioned is perhaps to locate where longspear is coded as a feat and change this to a simple weapon feat.
    An example would be feat.tab where longspear is coded as
    252 Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longspear)

Change this to Simple and we'll see how it works out. However, if we are to do this, we must be thorough and change everything else which is relevant so do look up all the relevant feat files and feat associated files. Perhaps I'll also have a look tonight when I'm free.

EDIT: Ok, did a little tinkering but didn't work out. My Sorc still can't use it without penalty. Below are my changes:

1)In feat.mes:
    Changed {252}{Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longspear)}
    to {252}{Simple Weapon Proficiency}

2)In feat.tab:
    Changed 252 Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longspear) to 252 Simple Weapon Proficiency

3)In feat_enum.mes
    Changed {10252}{TAG_MARTIAL_PROF} to {10252}{TAG_SIMPLE_PROF}

Maybe you need to change yet another file. Or maybe the changes I made were simply incorrect. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  6. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

I'm at school right now, will check on the longspear issue when i get home.

7. rex_blade

Is any body at Co8 who can make a new patch keeping track of/ implementing these changes into the next patch?

Also, i have 2 very interesting bugs that i will be posting when i get home.

8. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

Okay I tested it and it works except that it is listed in the menu as a wand. I haven't figured it out how to make that not happen.

I also changed the spell to "'Entangle' class_druid 4." It's an area of effect spell, but it makes more sense with respect to the name. Should it still be 3 times per day or should it be adjusted to 1 time per day?

9. rex_blade

Personally i think the wand should still be a hold creature spell 3 times a day. The way the rope is supposed to work (if it were real)is that the rope extends and coils around one person at a time, it doesn't coil up everything in a certain area.

Just mny $.02

10. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

That was why I originally picked it. However, I figure that people playing TOEE will expect the "Rope of Entanglement" to cast "entangle" over "hold person." I guess it is up for a vote.

I consider both the belt and rope modification fixes because the game makes it seem like they both should have enchantments. Oohlgrist's dialog indicates that his belt is special, but when you get it, the only thing it is useful for is money. I think a belt of immunity to acid is exactly what a troll cheifton would want.

Anybody got any suggestions on how to not make the game think it is a wand?

11. Tekman

Tekman Member

On web-

Last night I got my ass kicked by the Balor, and only my wizard was alive, I cast web on him and it stuck and he never once broke free or even atempted to. The Balor has outrageous strength so Im guessing he would be able to break out of that web. I am almost POSITIVE that i saw breaks free messages when i fought about 15 greater temple bugbears, because I noticed them and recognized the term here when i read it. Ill have to try the fight again with the bugbears and get a screenshot but I dont have a saved game so it will take a while. Perhaps it has something to do with the number of creatures in the web.

12. zhuge

Ok, I'll try to maintain a list of fixes and accompanying documentation but due to lack of space, I'll just link the details and only provide the headings here. Links will be up later.
    Feel free to add/correct to the list.

Rex_blade, I hope you will keep the master protos.tab and update it with the changes.

List of changes for next update:

ITEMS:
    -Holy Longsword (Meleny's dowry) now corrected to +1 from +3
    -Great Cleaver's price corrected and base damage reduced to 1d6
    -Dagger of Venom price corrected
    -Misc item prices/weights/magical quality flags corrected
    -MW items skill check penalties corrected to reflect changes in official patch
    -Plate Gauntlets and Plate Boots added to Brother Smyth's store inventory
    -Pouch of bullets added to Brother Smyth and Otis's store inventories
    -Oohlgrist's Emerald Belt can now be equipped (Thieves' Tools slot) and gives Protection Vs Acid
    -Elven Chain now given as reward for saving elven princess
    -All javelins are now 1-handed thrown weapons
    -Monks are now proficient with Halfling Sianghams
    -Initial items for certain characters (paladins) altered to better reflect PnP settings

SPELLS:
    -duration for Ice Storm reduced to 1 round instead of 2
    -duration for Guidance reduced to 10 rounds instead of 60

QUESTS:
    -Romag's 1st quest corrected.

CREATURES:
    -A more realistic Scorpp (details needed)

To include once settled:
    -Obex's Prince Thrommel's fix regarding meeting his envoy.
    -Partial fix for Rope of Entanglement (as Hold Person spell)
    -Inclusion of Composite Bow (Str+2) (details needed regarding placement and whether item actually works as specified in the game)
    -Undoing Gnoll damage reduction

Oh, yes, there's been a lot of concern regarding NPC looting/selling lately. Has the last Co8 patch completely settled the issue? Or is there still a need to provide more options/fixes?

IIRC, Cerda had a few mods in the past as well. Shall we see if they can be included?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  13. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

Okay, three changes to the Rope of Entanglement fix.

'Hold Monster' class_sorcerer 5 instead of 'Hold person' class_sorcerer 3 . This will allow the rope to trap any creature.

It's weight should be 5lbs not 10lbs.

It's long description should be similar to the SRD description:
    "A rope of entanglement looks just like any other hempen rope about 30 feet long. Upon command, the rope lashes forward to entangle a victim. An entangled creature can break free with a successful will save. It can be used three times a day."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  14. zhuge

Did a few more tests on various issues:

1)Crafted items provde SR 0
    - Tried with a Leather Armor +1 raising it to SR13. Interface reads as SR 0. Tested Vs Magic Missile and Fireball from own Sorc. No SR roll made. Tested Vs Fireball from Salamanders. No SR roll made either.

2)Divine Power does not stack with weapon enhancements
    - Divine Power provides +6 Str bonuses as well as hp bonuses.
    However to hit bonus based on level is bugged. Used a normal weapon with my Clr8/Ftr2, I received +2 to hit but using a Warhammer +2, I received no added bonuses.

3)A 2 weapon fighter can exchange buckler with shield on right-clicking
    - Only a buckler is allowed in the offhand for 2 weapon wielders but right clicking on a shield while buckler is equipped, equips the shield.
    Current AB penalties on dualwielding with:
    Buckler (main hand -1, offhand -2) should be (main hand 0, offhand -1)
    Elven shield (main hand 0, offhand 0) should be impossible
    Shield +2 (main hand -2, offhand -2) should be impossible

Someone reported that once NPCs are killed and then raised you can loot/transfer any items from them freely!

Confirmed bugs updated in partial list (page 3, second post)

15. zhuge

Bug: javelins are two-handed weapons and they shouldn't be.

Here's the relevant sections for Javelin from 3.5e SRD:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Javelin 1 gp, 1d6, x2, 30 ft, 2 lb, Piercing

Javelin: Since it is not designed for melee, you are treated as nonproficient with it and take a -4 penalty on attack rolls if you use a javelin as a melee weapon.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did some tinkering regarding this and modified Col61 (equippable slots) in Phalzyr's editor from

OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_SECONDARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY OIF_WEAR_2HAND_REQUIRED
    to
    OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_SECONDARY

Did the above correction to:
    4123 Javelin
    4134 Javelin of lightning
    4187 Masterwork javelin

Retested and now I'm able to equip javelins 1 handed with a shield in the other hand.
    -Previously the only thing I could equip on the offhand was a buckler.
    -The javelin can also be equipped in the offhand with another main hand weapon. 2 weapon AB penalties apply.
    -Javelin is flung from main hand using Dex as AB and adds 1X Str as bonus damage.
    -Flinging into melee incurs a -4AB and also incurs an AoO.
    -The choice to melee with javelin does not seem to be present (AFAIK, it wasn't present either before I made the change)

Looks Ok so far but it might need a couple of more alterations to really make it work well.

An important question would be:
    1)What's the difference between
    a)OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_SECONDARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY
    and
    b)OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_PRIMARY OIF_WEAR_WEAPON_SECONDARY

The only other occurrence of 'javelin' is at {3010} but I don't see anything that needs to be changed there as it's in the "Projectile" section.
    Weight, value, crit range, base damage are all in accordance with 3.5e SRD.

P/S - Apparently using Notepad to modify protos.tab isn't a very good idea. I tried deleting OIF_WEAR_2HAND_REQUIRED for Javelin and when the game loaded till protos.tab it kicked me straight to desktop.

Our Host!