Unfixed problems?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausir, Nov 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

Radiant longsword is a +1 Holy longsword you must use the spell "identify" on it before you can see this. The fact that it's called "radiant longsword" is ust there because when your char pciked it up, the sword was glowing. Try identifying it.

2. rex_blade

Furnok!

Furnok is BUGGED. you lose 10 gold when you place a bet, and you lose 10 gold when you lose, but you don't get 20 gold when you win (which you should). Can this be fixed?

Also on a side note if my one of my characters who is not a paladin gambles with furnok, and my paladin doesn't fall, then should my paladin ALSO not fall when someone other than him plays thedrinking contest?
    What's with the double standard?

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Ok, did a few tests with the patched game:
    ITWF gives the correct attacks, Imp Crit and crit ranges are corrected (Greatsword+Imp Crit = crit roll on 17,18,19,20 = Woot!!!), Haste gives an extra attack on a full attack round and the option for Greater Weapon Focus is available.

1)Acrobatics correctly gives +2 to Tumble and +2 to Sleight of Hand.
    -Would appreciate if someone can repeat my findings. If no one can explain how the Acrobatics bug (+1 to each) happened in the first place, I will strike it off the list

2)Tested Dispel Magic Vs Ray of Enfeeblement and a successful Dispel does indeed remove the Str penalty
    -Would appreciate if someone can repeat my findings. The spell effect reads on the screen as "Ability drained".
    Dispel magic in 3.5e for allies is NOT automatic. You need to make a roll of 1d20+caster level Vs DC of (10+level of opposing caster of spell to remove). Only with a successful roll does the Dispel work. Again if no one can reconfirm the bug, I will strike it off the list.

NEW BUG to confirm:
    *Greater Spell Focus does not seem to work.
    A Cha 16 Sorc with SF:Evoc has DC17 with Fireball. With GSF:Evoc, the DC is still 17.

EDIT:
    @rex blade:
    Yes I know you need Identify to change it from Radiant Longsword to Holy Longsword +1. What I meant was no long description being available for it such as what Holy actually means.
    I don't think I have a save game for Furnok. Killed him off pretty early. :p Could anyone else check the Furnok issue?

EDIT2:
    The highest Appraise value in the party is now taken while bartering. Confirmed.
    The bug which gives the enhancement modifier of projectiles to a melee strike is still present. Arrows +1 give +1 to AB on a strike with an ordinary light mace.

The bug with Dex bonus not properly applied to AC is most probably due to encumbrance (but is not properly stated in the hypertext link):

Quoting 3.5e SRD:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Like armor, a character's load affects his or her maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, carries a check penalty (which works like an armor check penalty), reduces the character's speed, and affects how fast the character can run, as shown on Table: Carrying Loads

Table: Carrying Loads
    Load........ Max Dex.. Check Penalty
    Medium....+3........... -3.............
    Heavy...... +1........... -6.............
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Medium encumbrance correctly reduces Max Dex bonus to +3 only.
    Heavy encumbrance and Overburdened also gives Max Dex bonus of +3 instead of +1 only. So arguably Troika has already nerfed the rules a little for us. Perhaps a design decision.
    Please post to confirm or refute these findings.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  4. Thalandor

Thalandor Member

Hi, Thalandor here... nice to see my good old list on this website :) Sorry about the wierd symbols appearing here and there, stupid "copy paste" messed the apostrophes and any non-letter symbols... Argh.

Anyhow, for the record I have one bug to post which is new to the post-patch game. When you click on a potion in the radial menu, the mouse cursor switches to windows white arrow (or whatever your windows default cursor is). Basically the game can't locate the right "target" cursor, so it switches to default. Try it for yourself...

5. Merle Corey

Merle Corey Member

For what it's worth, I've mod'd Burne's apprentice to fork over bundles of scrolls to test copying to the spellbook. I came up with a somewhat different list of broken spells than was identified earlier.

The mod is around 4K zipped - I've attached it here so that y'all can verify the results. Credit goes to whomever hacked Brother Smyth to sell masterwork items, as I used that as a basis to figure out what the heck I was doing. If you use it, note that the spells are sold in bundles (one to two bundles per level, at most 15 spells in a bundle) - in other words, clear your inventory before going shopping.

Anyway, the dead scroll list I came up with was as follows:

• Animal Growth
    • Animate Dead
    • Bestow Curse
    • Blight
    • Break Enchantment
    • Bulls Strength
    • Contagion
    • Dismissal
    • Eagles Splendor
    • Foxs Cunning
    • Greater Invisibility
    • Owls Wisdom
    • Protection from Energy
    • Remove Curse
    • Resist Energy
    • Wind Wall

For those of you interested in running a "clean" patch (without mods, brothel, etc) all of these are fixable by editing the Spell column in protos.tab. (Be sure to edit the protos.tab from the patch - you can uncompress it from toee4.dat.) Currently they're in the format:

'Spell Name' blah_blahblah #

The "fix" is to change blah_blahblah # to class_sorcerer #, where the second # is the spell level for wizard/sorcerer.

For example, Greater Invisibility (9244) was:

Code:
    'Greater Invisibility' domain_special 4

Change it to:

Code:
    'Greater Invisibility' class_sorcerer 4

I'm unsure as to what/how much (if anything) this fix breaks. At the very least, I tested the scrolls for copying (successfully), casting, scribing (by the wizard) and for still being able to be used by whichever other class was identified as being the scroll "owner." I didn't test scribing for the various "owners" - I spent all day hashing this out and didn't feel like levelling a bunch of druids/clerics/rangers/bards.

Yeah, so I mostly reinvented the wheel. I couldn't find any documentation on how the copying problems were fixed, so I wanted to get this written up for those do-it-yourselfers out there.

(And get the scroll mod out for those obsessive spell collectors.)

Enjoy!

MC

Attached Files:

6. Donovan

Donovan Member

I have seen the correct crit ranges as well (18 got a crit check with a longsword). I can also confirm the Tumble and Slight of Hand bonuses with a test level 1 char (in fact he needed the whole +2 to succeed on his Slight of Hand check so it appears to really be adding it).

7. zhuge

@Thalandor:
    Cursor bug noted. List updated. Thanks for dropping by. :D

@Donovan:
    Confirmation noted. Acrobatics bug crossed off list.

I have rechecked most of the entries from the revised list on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th posts in this thread and done a thorough comparison with Salviati's concise list. The concise list is now almost completely updated. The last changes should be finished by today.

From now onwards, forumers should refer to the concise list only (17th and 18th post on page 1 of this thread) as I will no longer be updating the unedited revised list of bugs.

Will update the concise list from reports posted here and in the Troubleshooting section of the ToEE Atai forums when my time permits.

8. Elessar

Elessar Member

I have a doubt about the spell Spiritual Weapon.
    In the online help of the game, it states that the attack bonus of the weapon is the BAB of the cleric plus his/her wisdom bonus, but with my 18 WIS cleric, the weapon attack bonus is her BAB plus a misc +1 (that could be her STR,CON or INT bonus).
    It is a error or I'm overlooking something?

Regards, Elessar.

9. Factol Pentar

Factol Pentar Member

POWER ATTACK BUG

At level 10 both Otis and my dwarven fighter get +20 to damage when I have the Power Attack set at 10.

Can anyone else confirm?

Otis longsword +3 sheild +2
    dwarf waraxe +2 sheild +2

posted this over at the atari forum, wanted to let you know.

10. zhuge

@Factol Pentar:
    Thank you very much for this MOST IMPORTANT BUG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    I agree with your observations and have posted the results of my tests in the post patch bugs thread (Atari forums).

Hope we can convince the rest to strongly vote for a second patch as I don't think Co8 can easily fix the .exe

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  11. zhuge

I'm sorry for the delay in posting the last bits of updates to the concise list. I was about to do so when my area suffered a power failure probably due to stormy weather. My line is down as well. I do not know when I will have access to my data again and be able to post but will try to as soon as I can. I am currently posting this from the university.
    Once again, sorry and thank you for your patience.

12. rex_blade

it's probably related to the fact that in the manual it says add double to damage what you subtract from attack when using 2 handed weapons

13. rex_blade

Holy Longsword +1 is +3

it was +3 in the protos, and I changed it to +1 but it was still +3 in the game (as radiant longsword) until i identified it and it then it had _no_ ehancement bonus.... still trying to see if i can get it to work

14. Shimmer

Shimmer Member

more on web

when i webbed the hill giant in emridy meadows, it didn't try to break free- it took all the crossbow shots in the face and died. even with other creatures, they rarely try to break free.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  15. zhuge

The concise list of unfixed bugs on 17th and 18th posts of page 1 in this thread has been completely updated. Please refer to this list from now onwards.
    I have deleted a few wrong observations like Fear being a level 2 Sorc spell.

Here are a few more of my findings post patch:
    1) +3 weapons now work correctly
    2) all weapons MUST be identified before adding enchantments:
    adding +2 to a Magic Dagger before identifying gives nothing - the Magic Dagger still functions as +1. Tested on the field with combat. Identifying the Magic Dagger first to Dagger +1 then adding +2 will result in Dagger +2.
    3) There does not seem to be a +3 enchantment power limit.
    I have enchanted a +3, Flaming, Icy Burst, Shocking Burst Mace which gives all bonuses in combat though the bonuses came out as Fire damage, Cold damage and Negative Energy damage (1d6 each). Have not experienced any CTDs yet.

@Shimmer:
    Have you patched your game? Web is known to be bugged pre patch.

@rex blade:
    Factol Pentar's observation is correct. Power Attack is bugged with 1-handers. Not 2-handers.
    Do keep us updated regarding your tests with the Holy Longsword.

@Elessar:
    Will look into Spiritual Weapon when I can.

Our Host!