Unfixed problems?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausir, Nov 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Well it seems that the relevant field in protos.tab is Col312. I can't see any other field which might have a part in calling the correct .py file. Or perhaps the correct .py script IS called but there is something wrong with the script itself which makes the potion non-functional. If someone is willing to tinker with Col312 and see the effects of the potions above or tinker with the scripts attached to these potions, your help would be much appreciated. Come to think of it your bravery as well, since you may provoke a CTD. :p

On another note, there have been lots of complaints regarding permanent spells too. Even after the official patch which supposedly has fixed them all. I feel sorry for tkurgan running all over the place trying to hex edit saved files to correct them by removing the permanent effect.

I opened up Spell434 - Silence.py
    and found
    spell.duration = 100 * spell.caster_level

Actually Silence is supposed to have a duration: 1 min./level as per 3.5e SRD.

From past observations, spell.duration seems to use "rounds" as units.
    Since 1 minute = 10 rounds, this line of code should instead be:

spell.duration = 10 * spell.caster_level

I wonder if the extended duration has a part to play in spell permanency? I saw one bug report which states duration of Silence as 14400 and this figure did not budge even with prolonged waiting, resting and various measures to dispel the effect.
    Anyway, even if it doesn't, I think the above error should still be corrected.

EDIT: One last thing for today, I can't find any reference to a special ability that prevents Rogue sneak attacks. I know elementals and galeb duhrs are still vulnerable to them.

I'm a bit rusty here but if I'm not mistaken anything that prevents critical hits also prevent sneak attacks. However I cannot find a flag or parameter in protos.tab which does this. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

If anyone would like to help solve this or re-search protos.tab for such a parameter, it would go a long way to fixing this bug.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  2. Bob the Elf

Bob the Elf Member

mc_type_undead in the Creature Type, you can also use some other kind of sneak attack immune creature like mc_type_ooze. Those are probably hard coded with their set of parameters.

3. Shin

Shin Established Member

Undead type is really bad idea, since the monster might be wrongly react to cleric's rebuking power, heal/harm spells for example.

Ooze type in the other hands, sounds tempting, I hope there's no other bonus/malus beside critical/sneak immunity for that type. :)

edit : err, control plant spell? does it affect ooze?

4. Bob the Elf

Bob the Elf Member

Probably not, plant is another type that has sneak immunity.

-edit-
    Shopkeepers use that property to see if you have a monster in your team.

5. zhuge

Heh, yeah changing creature type is an idea and a pretty radical one at that. :D
    However I foresee some drawbacks such as elementals no longer affected by clerical domains which command or rebuke elementals.
    I also foresee Ranger favored enemy Vs elementals no longer working.

But anyway it is certainly an idea worth considering.

I tried to change creature type for a Large Earth Elemental to mc_type_undead and indeed I got the Sneak Attack immunity.
    So the concept that it is hardcoded into creature type seems to be correct.

Next I tried changing creature type to mc_type_construct. After all there is only 1 construct in the game: Juggernaut and we wouldn't be messing up anything else.
    Unfortunately it seem constructs ARE vulnerable to sneak attacks in ToEE. :\

So I tried changing to mc_type_ooze instead. Didn't seem to work the first time but I found that the file wasn't saved properly. Retried and it seemed to work. No Sneak Attack damage and my Rogue was definitely flanking. But there was no Sneak Attack immunity message though in hypertext.

I suggest keeping it in mind but not implementing it just yet since it is a non-optimal solution. Best would be for Troika to fix all elementals and constructs as immune Vs Sneak Attack.

Btw, galeb duhrs are NOT elementals. They are coded as aberrations which fall in the same category as eye of the deep, will o wisp, vodyanoi, umberhulks and carrion crawlers.

6. zhuge

I have checked {6226}{Masterwork breastplate}.
    It has an icon in the inventory
    It also has a graphical image when you click on 3d model from inventory
    It also has an image in the game. Looks whitish/silver in colour when put on a character. Doesn't seem invisible to me.

Tests done by putting armor on a Cleric and a Paladin.

Monks do not register any armor put on them on their 3d model or in the game. Please confirm. I will shift the bug to not reproducible/quirks or delete it if not confirmed.

7. zhuge

I have received a report that Romag's alternate 2nd quest cannot be completed. If Rentsch is dead, Romag will give you this alternate 2nd quest starting at line:

{270}{That is awful news indeed! I told him not to trust that sneaky Wat! I'm sure Alrrem had Wat just outright kill him! I must have revenge! Alrrem must pay!}{That is awful news indeed! I told him not to trust that sneaky Wat! I'm sure Alrrem had Wat just outright kill him! I must have revenge! Alrrem must pay!}{}{270}{}{}

Progressing to:

{280}{Let's see. [scheming] I want Alrrem's two under-priests dead. Both of them! He must learn not to mess with the Earth Temple. This will teach him I think!}{Let's see. [scheming] I want Alrrem's two under-priests dead. Both of them! He must learn not to mess with the Earth Temple. This will teach him I think!}{}{280}{}{game.global_flags[119] = 1}

If you have already killed the underpriests, you should have this option:

{281}{I already killed those under-priests.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[115] == 1 and game.global_flags[116] == 1}{360}{game.quests[44].state = qs_completed}

If you haven't killed the underpriests but accept his quest, you can go and do so. After killing them and returning you should be at:

{300}{Ah, so the wandering son has returned. What have you for me this time?}{Ah, so the wondering daughter has returned. What have you for me this time?}{}{300}{}{}

which should progress to:

{317}{It wasn't easy, but I've assassinated Alrrem's two under-priests for you.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[115] == 1 and game.global_flags[116] == 1 and game.global_flags[119] == 1 and game.quests[45].state == qs_unknown}{350}{game.quests[44].state = qs_completed}

But you don't seem to get this line when you return to him after you have killed the underpriests. .

I'm not sure regarding the extra criteria for line {317}:
    game.quests[45].state == qs_unknown

when compared to line {281}.

Could this be the cause of the problem?

EDIT: Looks like it isn't. That criteria prevents the line from being selected a second time after the third quest is accepted.
    Tested the quest again and it seemed to work fine. Need to reconfirm the bug report...

8. jshandorf

jshandorf Member

Okay, I will rebuy it tonight and try it again.

9. zhuge

CURRENT STATUS OF UNCOPYABLE SCROLLS

Most if not all reasons for this lie with Col312 (spell) in protos.tab not being coded appropriately.

Below is the list of non-functional Col312 entries followed by the corrected one:

A)These have already been corrected in v2.0 Co8 patch but still need to be incorporated into the 2nd official patch:

{9400}{Scroll of resist energy}
    'Resist Energy' class_ranger 1
    'Resist Energy' class_sorcerer 2

{9536}{Scroll of wind wall}
    'Wind Wall' class_ranger 2
    'Wind Wall' class_sorcerer 2

{9011}{Scroll of animate dead}
    'Animate Dead' class_cleric 3
    'Animate Dead' class_sorcerer 4

{9028}{Scroll of bestow curse}
    'Bestow Curse' class_cleric 3
    'Bestow Curse' class_sorcerer 4

{9244}{Scroll of invisibility, greater}
    'Greater Invisibility' domain_special 4
    'Greater Invisibility' class_sorcerer 4

B)These have not been corrected in v2.0 Co8 patch and need to be incorporated into the 2nd official patch:

{9369}{Scroll of protection from energy}
    'Protection from Energy' class_ranger 2
    'Protection from Energy' class_sorceror 3

Checked through a recent list given by Merle Corey at Co8, eliminated repeats and added the following still uncorrected uncopyable spells and their proposed solutions:

{9008}{Scroll of animal growth}
    'Animal Growth' class_druid 5
    'Animal Growth' class_sorcerer 5

{9542}{Scroll of blight}
    'Blight' class_druid 4
    'Blight' class_sorcerer 5

{9076}{Scroll of contagion}
    'Contagion' class_cleric 3
    'Contagion' class_sorceror 4

{9128}{Scroll of dismissal}
    'Dismissal' class_cleric 4
    'Dismissal' class_sorceror 5

As for:
    {9467}{Scroll of summon monster I}
    'Summon Monster I' class_sorcerer 1

it appears that the entry in Col312 is correct. I will need to retest to confirm uncopyability.

Some corresponding 3.5e SRD info for checking and reference:

Protection from Energy
    Abjuration
    Level: Clr 3, Drd 3, Luck 3, Protection 3, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 3

Resist Energy
    Abjuration
    Level: Clr 2, Drd 2, Fire 3, Pal 2, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 2

Wind Wall
    Evocation [Air]
    Level: Air 2, Clr 3, Drd 3, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 3

Animate Dead
    Necromancy [Evil]
    Level: Clr 3, Death 3, Sor/Wiz 4

Bestow Curse
    Necromancy
    Level: Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 4

Animal Growth
    Transmutation
    Level: Drd 5, Rgr 4, Sor/Wiz 5

Blight
    Necromancy
    Level: Drd 4, Sor/Wiz 5

Contagion
    Necromancy [Evil]
    Level: Clr 3, Destruction 3, Drd 3, Sor/Wiz 4

Dismissal
    Abjuration
    Level: Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 5

10. zhuge

CURRENT STATUS OF UNSCRIBABLE SPELLS

Neutralize Poison now correctly detects the prerequisite for scribing when the incorrect line number {9326} is replaced with {9327}.

Ice Storm, Identify and Protection from Law are not in the scribing list simply because their numbers were not put in the list:
    2 - items that can be made with Scribe Scroll
    in item creation.mes from rules subdirectory

Putting the appropriate numbers: 9237, 9238 and 9372 now enables these spells to be scribed. Prerequisites are correct too.

11. zhuge

Corrections for Romag's 3rd quest (Earth):

In 00119romag.dlg:

Changed the following lines from:
    {409}{He is already dead!}{}{1}{game.global_flags[105] == 1}{510}{}

{354}{Who this Big Sore Neck guy?}{}{-7}{}{420}{}

{423}{I've already killed Besornig.}{}{8}{}{510}{}
    {424}{Me kill Big Sore Neck already.}{}{-7}{}{510}{}

to:
    {409}{He is already dead!}{}{1}{game.global_flags[105] == 1}{510}{game.quests[45].state = qs_completed}

{354}{Who this Big Sore Neck guy?}{}{-7}{game.quests[46].state == qs_unknown}{420}{}

{423}{I've already killed Besornig.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[105] == 1}{510}{game.quests[45].state = qs_completed}
    {424}{Me kill Big Sore Neck already.}{}{-7}{game.global_flags[105] == 1}{510}{game.quests[45].state = qs_completed}

I need to return home for the next few days and will not have access to the game. Therefore, I won't be able to do any field tests during this period. I will try to bring as many files as I can and a few necessary tools. Hope I still have Internet access. My home line isn't very stable.

Please keep the bug reports and feature requests coming. I will update the buglist when I am able to.

12. zhuge

There still are quite a few dialogue problems. I think these should be fixable but someone needs to spend some time going through them:

-After completing Allrem's second quest with the violent option, I did not get the third quest.

-exposing the spies in the trading post doesn't give 200 gp

-after visiting the ToEE, upon meeting Rentsch he behaves as if he knows you even if he doesn't, and options to complete the Wat quest are available

-If you finish a subtemple leader's quests, but don't go to the Greater Temple right away, the game will assume that when you do get down there you are in the company of the first priest. This produces incoherent dialog. It's particularly bad if you do Belsornig's quests last, since he doesn't accompany you down to
    the Greater Temple himself.

I'm not sure whether the 2nd bug listedabove is true though. Well, anyone up for some dialogue manipulation?

Steve Moret will probably start working on the 2nd patch after Dec 19th and it would be nice to have taken care of some minor quirks so that he can focus all his time on the major bugs involving the ToEE.exe and the various CTDs and slowdowns.

13. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

I haven't seen the Rannos/Gremag bug where they don't give you the 200 gold. I checked the dlg files and they seem okay.

Speaking of which, while I was poking around Gremag's dlg file, I noticed something about an assassin prestige class near the end of the file! Did anyone notice this too?

14. zhuge

I've checked the dlg files as well and agree that they seem Ok. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug on in-game testing.

The assassin is triggered only if you sell Lareth's belongings to Rannos/Gremag. I haven't experienced this myself but reports say that it works Ok so I suppose that part of dialogue should work fine after you take care of the assassin.

15. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

There's one more thing I noticed in Gremag's dlg file and playing in-game. When you negotiate with Gremag, there are -two- options for the 200 gold-diplomacy thing. In the dlg file, they go to the same line after as well! I assume that this was either a typo (like asking for 300 gold if you had over 7 dip, but that would be two typos) or that they accidentally made two lines for it..

It would be relatively safe to delete one of those lines, right?

Our Host!