Unable to Save/Load game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Valeska, Oct 14, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Valeska

Valeska Member

I'm running 7.4 NC, installation and modifying with the Co8 modpack had no problems, and I was able to save/load/i.e. play without problems the first time. Currently using Win7.

However, after exiting ToEE and reopening it, the game crashes upon choosing the "load game" or "save game" options.

I can still start a new game and create a party, and then get into the opening area where I can buy equipment, and then the game will crash after going into the circle to start the opening sequence of the chosen alignment.

Running it as administrator makes the problem worse unfortunately, and with various combinations of previous windows compatibility modes, the game either crashes on startup, or crashes just upon entering the main menu. The farthest I've been able to go is to not run as administrator, and then not to use any compatibility modes (or compatibility with XP also allows me to create a party, and crash at save/load).

I've patched official patches 1 and 2 before installing Co8, and done everything correctly as far as I can tell.
    What is confusing is that the game worked fine the first time I tried, and it was only until the next time I opened that the problems started occuring.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? :sadblinky

Thanks in advance!

Our Host!