Unable to enter keep

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by mistrornge, May 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

For some reason I cannot return to the keep. I went up north to a stretch of woods and now the game won't allow me to enter. I am stuck just outside the walls. I can see inside the city but cannot enter. Any thoughts?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Interesting. So you use the world map and now you have landed outside the walls?

Thats a problem with your .dll. I would say, "thats the no-CD crack" but presumably you have the new dll or you wouldn't have even started the game. Hmmm...

When you started the game, did you start at the Caravan map, use the secret door to go to the Keep front gate etc?

3. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

I don't have the "no CD" crack. Just a weird issue.
    I am outside the city walls and can look in and get fairly close to the interior but not close enough to enter any of the doors or talk to any NPC.
    Yes. Went through the caravan then through the secret door and into the city. I have two of the NPCs from the Keep (a dwarf warrior type and this weird death's head wizard). Just unable to return to the Keep now.
    Any thoughts on what can be done?

4. Shiningted

No. :shrug: The worldmap locations for the big (Hommlet / Outer Keep) map are in the .dll, I don't know how yours could be corrupted but if you put the ToEE dll into KotB you get an issue like you are describing (on account of you arriving at the Hommlet locations).

Weird. May I ask, are you using the latest (1.1 Final) version with TFE-X, or the older versions?

5. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

I believe I have the latest version. Is it possible to get a good copy of the .dll and replace my current one?

6. Shiningted

You're in luck - I keep checking the site a few minutes after you post ;)

Yes, there's a way to get the .dll out of the original download and put it in. It'll take me a while to figure it out (as in, I have to get to a different PC to do it) as the location of the .dll in the download has changed since the older version. I'll try to have details up in a couple hours.

7. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
    It looks good so far :)

8. Shiningted

Ok, hopefully this works:

Open 'KotB_Final_Demo.zip' (the download from ModDB or wherever you got it. Come to think of it, it might be an .rar file). Inside you will find the file KotB_Demo_Final.tfm. This is actually a zip file, so use WinZip or WinRAR to open it. Inside that you will find the data and modules folders and the temple.dll. Extract that file (temple.dll) to the root ToEE folder overwriting the one in there.

Hopefully that works. If not, just reinstall the mod - not the whole game, just re-extract KotB_Demo_Final.tfm and reactivate KotB as necessary.

9. argikt

argikt Member

I had solved same problem enable add-on and apply 1.11 patch.

(if you make a backup of savegames, dont work, try starting a new game)

10. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

Thanks Ted. That worked wonders. In the Keep now and looking for trouble.

Our Host!