UA Distilled Acid Question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Just wanted to say how much fun I'm having with the new acid flasks -- eruptive, distilled, and purified. Alchemical items (e.g. thunderstones, alchemist fire, and tanglefoot bags) are some of my favorites from the tabletop RPG. Happily, Co8 has long incorporated, added to, and improved on them. Especially loving the purified acid, 2d6 +6 acid dmg. Just for fun, I had my rogue solo Oohlquist with nothing acid flasks (I sleight of handed the acid immunity belt first). Rannos and Gremag stayed in business longer than usual just so I could restock, but now that I've finally killed them, where else can I can get these items?? Haven't notiiced anyplace in Hommlet or Nulb so far (haven't been to Verbobonc yet in 7.0 NC) that sell them? Also, according to the flavor text, the process for making stronger acid flasks is found in Unearthed Arcana. I checked my copy of UA and couldn't find this section. Are you sure it is from UA?? If so, could you let me now where?? I still play tabletop 3.5 and would love to add this to my game if I can find it.

P.S. One more question on a different matter. My party ran across the caravan that had been attacked by gnolls. I know this is the result of paying off the gnolls in the Moathouse Dungeon. Hadn't seen it in a while, so I wasn't sure if it was still in 7.0 NC. I usually fight the gnolls, but didn't just to see what resulted this time. Will this lead to a new quest or reputation for the party?? I don't remember it leading to anything signifcant in the game other than a destroyed caravan (a kind of see what happens when you bargain with evil event). Is that all in it does in 7.0?? If so, I think it's shame. A party who bargains with the gnolls should have another encounter with them, maybe getting ambushed by them on the road to Verbobonc or forced to hunt down the marauding gnolls hiding in the Deklo grove or some other little used location ( the Ogre Cave, the burnt Farmhouse, or even Imeryd's Run??). Or maybe it leads to something in 7.0, not asking for details, just a hint whether I should be looking for something.:evilgrin:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I don't recall that anything more happens with the gnolls.

You can get regular acid in the shopmap, but it looks like it's not available anywhere else besides R&G's.

3. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Darn, was having fun with the super strong acid. Next time I might have to let R&G live a lot longer.

Our Host!