Trymedia version without patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SteveThaiBinh, Jul 12, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. SteveThaiBinh

SteveThaiBinh Member

I have the Trymedia downloaded version, with which the official patches don't work. Does the Circle of Eight patch work alone, and does this produce a viable, bug-free gameplaying experience?

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

I am aware of the situation with the Trymedia version. Steve Moret mentioned something about having worked out the details with them sometime ago but could not confirm the status for Trymedia version patches.

The short answer is no. The Co8 mod pack alone will not provide a bug-free gameplaying experience as the official patch institutes many exe fixes which cannot be replicated by Co8.

I would recommend getting the retail version of the game, applying the 2nd official patch and then if you want to, you can use our mod pack.

If you do not want to do that, you can download all our mod packs (from version 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and then 3.0.3) and install them all in sequence. The Co8 mod pack is meant to be a complementary install to the official patches so we've removed any overlapping fixes in later versions. So you may get a few additional fixes as compared to installing v3.0.3 only, but lots of bugs will still be present and none of the exe related bugs will be fixed.

3. spOOL

spOOL Member

until something __official__ is made you could always do it the unofficial way. not knowing the details on try-media I can only make assumptions.

so what you have to do is:
    - find someone who can supply you with the patch#2 changed files (only an exe, a few dlls and toee4.dat)

- alternatively you can try to fool the patch installer by cheating on the registry entries. installers are pretty dumb normally.

import these registry entries (make a file *.reg, insert following and include). you must change the paths to where you toee is actually installed (use '\\' instead of '\'):
    """
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AD80F06B-0F21-4EEE-934D-BEF0D21E6383}]
    "InstallLocation"="<change path here>"
    """

- either way since you dont have the cds you need to bypass the securom ****up. this is easily done by applying a nocd crack (rips the shit out of toee.exe). searching on "nocd" and "toee" should certainly give you the right leads.

- enjoy

rÿche on

Our Host!