trouble playing pls help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by s2guy18, Mar 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. s2guy18

s2guy18 Member

hey everyone can someone help me i am having problems whenever i hit begin adventure my screen goes back to windows. i think it might be the video scaling but i have no clue to do that on my computer i am running win7 so if anyone can help me out thank you in advance.

2. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

There is an option to disable video scaling, but I don't know where to find it. Search the forums. I know that there's a thread about this somewhere here. maybe it's also part of a faq or something.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Welcome to the forum s2guy18,

I'm running TOEE on Win7 64 bit myself and have had troubles with the video.

Do you have an nVidia graphics card?

Either way, the first step in finding out what will fix your trouble is a quick read of this thread Click here for the help thread.

I would look in the troubleshooting section, if this doesn't do it post your rig's specs and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

While in the game, try selecting a different screen resolution to play the game in (try 800 x 600 to see if your game works).

If that doesn't work and if you can't disable 'scaling' in your graphics card's driver software, then you can cause the game to skip playing cutscenes by going to your \data\movies folder in your game's folder and renaming all of the .bik files. This will prevent ANY of the cutscenes from playing during the game but it might get your game working.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You should be able to get to your system's graphics settings by right clicking the desktop, Properties, Settings tab, and go from there. It will be different for everybody at that point based on your graphics card and whatnot.

However, that may not be your issue as it sounds like it could be the antivirus snafu. Please see the thread sirchet linked for answers to that.

Our Host!