Troll Passwords

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Feb 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

Hi! I really like the NC Mod! It is the game that Atari SHOULD have released.

I am stuck on the electrical trap. Which troll gives me the password? I fought the one at the bottom of the steps. A dialogue box opens. My characcter says he wants info. The troll says he knows nothing and will eat me. I then have only one choice. "Burn the Troll." clickiNg that simply returns me to contact.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've found beating a troll senseless can help him have an epiphany of sorts and remember the word.

Have you kicked all the troll butt you can find? I would search every room and hallway.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

There is not just one troll. As Sirchet said, just beat up on a troll,without CDG'ing it, and it should plead for its life. Interrogate it and it will squeal out the password.

I am usually of the mindset that the troll is going to hurt someone else if it lives, so "OFF with its head!"

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following quote is from the Secret Game Content section of the Game Guide sticky thread:

When in doubt, do a word search in the Game Guide sticky thread for what you want to find out about (in this case, "electrical trap" or "troll password") and you will probably find the answer for what you want to know.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Rogues can still deactivate the trap, can't they?

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

That is a big negative there good buddy. (Hey ... he's talk'n like on a CB!) :twitch:

The option to disable the trap is gone, at least my rogue didn't get it last time.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I may be wrong, but in the past a rogue could try to disarm. It just had a HIGH DC.I do not recall how bad it was, but it was a monster. Or you can do the combat cheat and move the party in combat mode past the trap and move on north to your friendly tea with Iuz. :)

Our Host!