Traders + Reactive Temple Mods

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Aug 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Talk to Smith. ;)

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hello,

just wanted to inform you guys that I won't be able to mod again for a very long time - much, much longer than I expected - so this mod is forsaken. If anyone else wants to have a go at it, reverse engineer it, mess around with it, whatever, feel free, anything and everything goes. Same goes for anything else I may have produced.

Take Care,
    Sitra

3. GuardianAngel82

I'm sorry to hear we won't be getting anymore of your great work for a while. Thank you for what you've already done! :clap:

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for lettng us know, Sitra - a simple piece of courtesy very much appreciated. Hope thnigs are ok n RL.

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Take you're time, all of us inmates will still be here! Wishing you all the best in RL!

6. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

I have to disagree when it comes to fights where tables and such get in the way. After all, in a real fight the tables would be thrown out of the way, or jumped on, etc. It's too bad you can't use tumble to dive underneath them and come out the other side, etc.

I also have a problem with Zert being behind the young (immovable) lass that just stands there preventing your thief from relieving him of all his worldly possesions after he passes out during the drinking contest. The lass can stand there all she wants, but my halfling thief shouldn't have any problem ducking under the table and rendering Zert penniless.

Granted, taking weapons, armor, clothing, etc. off of Zert, The Big Fighter, Valden, and/or Tuperillo should be frowned on and perhaps even prevented by the other patrons (more so in the case of Valden & Tuperillo), but swapping out certain items should be possible (with proper planning).

Okay, I got a little sidetracked there; but that;s just two things that came to mind.

I also made a small (personal) adjustment to Valden's dlg file; as my (face) character didn't take kindly to being told that drinking was more important than hearing news about the waylaid caravan (not to mention Paida).

Then, one last thing, and I'll probably look into this on my own; but is it possible to adjust the opening vinnette's so that the characters can finish looting their kills prior to heading to Hommlet. Plus, (in the LG opening at least), how is it we end up in South Hommlet instead of North Hommlet when we were (apparently) on our way (down) from Verbobonc?

I know they're all minor issues, but they're like little mosquito bites that just bug the heck out of you.

Stohrm

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Going to Hommlet from the vignettes (and thus starting the game) has to occur via a command within the daiogues for each vignette, so this is probably not doable.

Everybody starts out in south Hommlet as far as I know. It's always just been that way. Might be able to cahnge it if it's a really big deal, but I suspect that's where Troika wanted everyone to start out. The head of the south road is a unique jump point btw; the only time you start from there in Hommlet is when arriving from the vignettes.

8. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

Actually, I did figure it out. I made the following changes to the dlg file:

{42}{I'd like to check over these corpses. You never know what we might find.}{}{12}{}{70}{}

{70}{How very wise, Sir. Let me know what you discover.}{How very wise, Ma'am. Let me know what you find.}{}{}{}{}
    {71}{I'll do that. It shouldn't take long.}{}{8}{}{0}{}
    {80}{Well, Sir? Find anything?}{Well, Ma'am? Discover anything?}{}{}{}{}
    {81}{Nothing significant, I'm afraid. I'll touch base with Valden. Fair well.}{}{8}{}{0}{start_game_with_quest(22)}

Then I adjusted the following in the py file:

def san_dialog( attachee, triggerer ):
    triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 80 )
    return SKIP_DEFAULT

The 12 int in line 42 might be a bit high; but I start all my characters with 18 int so it didn't really matter for me.

The Heartbeat takes you to line 1 and I tried an "If else" in the san_dialogue using the standard "has met" routine; but (for whatever reason) that prevented the dialogue from occuring at all. Then again, I'm still learning the ins, outs, and nuances of the dialogue and python files. In any case, the changes above worked. I was able to loot the dead, finish talking with the caravan survivor and ended up in Hommlet.

These are all in 00187... and obviously if you kill the Caravan Survivor you're going to be stuck on that map until you hit the escape key and quit or reload the game; but a Lawful Good group shouldn't be killing the one and only survivor.

As I learn more, I might concider putting a note on one of the bandits. Perhaps instructions that they were to read, destroy then follow, but (as usual) they read, were in the process of following and failed to destroy. It'll probably include a detailed discription of Paida, etc. which will help our heroe(s) recognize her later.

Just a thought.

Stohrm

9. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Back to the discussion of Sitra's mod. I have noticed the changes that he made to Wat's dialog to deal with an "early" arrival to Nulb by the party.

Wat's dialog tests if there is 1 or more than 1 PC, and whether the party has killed Lareth OR have the Moathouse Cleaner rep. Very strange since I thought that one causes the other. Perhaps I do not fully understand the conditions of Moathouse Cleaner.

Sitra apparently added dialog lines for:
    not(above conditions)

however, the result is that he won't talk about the Temple until either of the above conditions is met. It makes a lot more sense to add a sentence to line 15/16:
    Yeah, just came in from Hommlet. Boring uptight people there!
    Yup! Me from Hommlet! Don't like there.

Then go to line 40
    Hmm, you hate them kind too? Say, you interested in working for some like-minded folk?

10. GuardianAngel82

I think Moathouse Cleaner Rep is:

Lareth killed in Moathouse
    or
    Lareth joins party
    or
    Laereth escapes Moathouse

I don't see how Lareth could be dead without Moathouse Cleaner Rep. All this is just based on experience, not direct knowledge.

11. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

Invite Zert to join your party, move him to the middle of the room, and then kick him out of the party. Let the drinking contest begin!

I don't know of any way to loot Tuperillo, though, or why it has been made so difficult to do so.

It seems to me the original purpose of the drinking contest was to allow the party to gain some decent armor and weapons early on.

12. Shiningted

While I can't speak for the developers, I seriously doubt that. Being able to loot everyone is an exploit, not the main idea.

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

So far, so good...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Is that the hydra in the fire temple (office)? Neat. ;)

Did we ever determine whether the module calls for more fire temple guards than ToEE the CRPG has?

15. Shiningted

The Water Temple folks doused your Fireball! I call shenanigans on them!

Our Host!