Traders + Reactive Temple Mods

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Aug 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I have finally finished my first game. Thank you Sitra for your part in creating the fun that I had, particularly Temple dungeon 2. If you ever get around to it, changing the monster positions in and around the Greater Temple would be awesome (Trolls coming up from behind the party, oh my!). And then you have a "perfect" mod.

I will keep my original installation up and running should you want me to test something.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

This works great for me. I have four installations up and running now. I still think we should spin off 5.05 + Sitra's mod as a Toffee Mod. It stands well on it's own, and as an example of ToEE state-of-the art at the time.

Of course, there's already a 5.0.0 one. And it would be better if Sitra's stuff was tweeked and incorporated into the main line game, or (better?) as an add-on. :thumbsup:

3. Basil the Timid

GA, you helped Sitra with the positioning of bugbears, right? Would you be able to change the position of the Greater Temple Giants and others so that all get into the fray at the same time? Ah, but there were still some minor issues with Burne that I think Sitra didn't get around to. I suppose we need be patient a bit longer. I really want to try a Neutral Evil party with an updated version of this mod. IMHO, I'd say it's at least 75% finished and should be included into the CMF at the earliest possible opportunity.

4. GuardianAngel82

I did the original gathering and positioning of the all the troops in the Air Temple and the Water Temple. Sitra did Earth and, I think, Fire.

It wouldn't be too difficult to spawn something at the location of your party leader using the console during a game.

5. Basil the Timid

Sitra, I just played through your content removal mod, had Kelno take the LE party to Hedrack, and tried to get back to dungeon 3. I noticed Senshock and a troll wandering the main hallway, who had been in their rooms waiting for LG party. It seems you DID mod dungeon 4. What changes did you make for they were not described in this thread?

Thanks for the fun Sitra and, of course, Co8

6. GuardianAngel82

I believe the troll, Shenshock and the Captain of the Guard wandering that hallway are vanilla.

7. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

Not sure what troll you are talking about. If Senshock is the wizard IIRC he doesn't wander at all in vanilla. The captain of the guard does wanders from that hallway in vanilla. Most of the time before I played Co8's wonderful mods I would end up killing him long before I fought Senshock.

8. GuardianAngel82

There's a troll standing there when you come in through the double stairway in some games, at least in 5.0.5, at the latest. He been there for a LOT of games. Shenshock came down the hall in one of my games a long time ago, I don't remember what the mod was. Somebody probably knows what's going on better than I.

9. blackwind

In vanilla I don't remember any trolls wandering. But I'm probably wrong on that.

Senshock I know doesn't wander in vanilla.

The last run through the game with Co8's mod had neither a troll or Senshock wandering. That probably was changed by this mod if they are. These are assumptions on my part about the reactive temple mod and Co8's mod. Which probably means I just well you know the saying.

10. Basil the Timid

It seems you guys did not take the temple initiation route. You get blindfolded and taken directly to Hedrack (i.e. teleported). Then you head back to the stairs to do his mission - investigate Scorpp, I believe.

11. GuardianAngel82

Remember, many of us have played though quite a few times. That's why I said I envied you because you hadn't found the back way (tower) into the temple.

I've done the temple initiation route several times: Air and Earth. (I just deleted what I said about Water and Fire.)

I just use the stairs until I'm ready to kill Hedrack, and do only the Temple tasks I feel like doing. I haven't spoken to Belsornig since he's been fixed again.

Most people try a different party or a different path with each new game they play. I presently enjoying the bug that let's my party get to the temple at 1st level. ;)

12. blackwind

There is a bug that let's you get to the temple at 1st level?

Does it have anything to do with Rannos and Gremag?

I've taken the temple initiation route in vanilla not so with Co8's mod though.

13. GuardianAngel82

Nope, it's only in 5.5.0. (Hint ;))

14. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I'm pretty dense. The hint doesn't mean anything to me.

Also...do you need to be initiated into the temple? Can't you complete the game w/o that? I thought for some reason that it would make you evil if you joined any of the factions.

15. blackwind

I believe a paladin falls if you do any quest for any of the priests in the temple.

GA82, you got me I really can't figure it out. I think it is kinda cool you can go to the temple though.

Our Host!