Traders + Reactive Temple Mods

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Aug 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

This is only meant to be played on the earlier version of 5.0.6. Go to the other thread - it is very detailed

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Allright, I got that much, so can anyone post the old 5.0.6 or tell me where to find it? It seems like the older CMF versions have been removed...

Or is this included in the latest CMF??

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Only one CMF is maintained at a time, because unfortunately we don't have the resources to support multiple mods. Being as the Traders and Reactive Temple mods are in a way alpha mods as opposed to even beta, they have to thus be supported in testing by their author. Sitra Achara has stated that he's on a sabbatical of sorts from Co8 now, so that support is really not there.

Sitra is a scripting wizard; I have no idea what he's really done with these mods, and even if I knew I wouldn't fully understand it. So there's no way I can provide support for them.

Bottom line I guess is to hope that he comes back and reintegrates his stuff with the latest CMF updates. Either that or get someone to send you an earlier edition of the 5.0.6 CMF, but remember, you'll be on your own with that. Sorry.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^Yeah, I don't mind being on my own, I've played TOEE so many times now, shouldn't be too much of the problem, I can deal with minor bugs. This mod is also pretty much the only reason for me to do another replay atm, since I just finished a game yesterdat.

So, bottom line, could smb PLEASE send me the old 5.0.6 CMF?? Please??

5. Basil the Timid

Sitra, whenever you get this, while fooling around I killed Burne, Rufus, 10th level retired Pishella, and 2 badgers in his Tower. I teleported to Nulb, came back to Hommlet 8hrs later and both their bodies were gone - so was their stuff!!

And, oh yes, what would happen if someone completed DH and met Saduj at the same time your town council is meeting?

I hope all is well with you and I look forward to your return.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm gonna say, it all goes FUBAR. The council should have run when they heard the music ;)

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Perhaps the Traders and Reactive Temple mod should be bundled up with old 5.0.6 or 5.0.5 cmf and turned into a ToEEFE ready module. It shouldn't require too much support once it's stable. Then, it can continue to be modded without having to adhere to Co8 standards (replace gnomes with drow!). Or left as a (very good) monument to state of the art Co8 2008.

But don't let it slip away. ;)

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

CMF 5.0.5 is on the Co8 FTP server:
    http://files.co8.org/mods/Cumulative_Mods_5.0.5.rar

As mentioned, the mod posted here is compatible with 5.0.6, August 10th version. So you need to head on over to this thread:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3561&page=6

And install all the individual updates up to Aug 10th in chronological order.

To be clear, the order of installation is:

1. CMF 5.0.5
    2. The individual updates/fixes from that thread, up to and including August 10th
    3. My mod

Also note, you need to be careful if you install this with the new front-end system. But then again, you already had to be careful when installing with the old front end anyway :p

----

Regarding the Saduj thing, I'm pretty sure I've altered that script to prevent his gang from spawning when the council convenes.

As for the disappearing corpses/items, and other oddities - they'll have to wait till I get back to modding, whenever that happens (probably more than half a year...)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Thanks for detailed instructions in how to build the Trader-Temple Mod, Sitra. In the continuous updating, I had lost track of where everything was when that came out.

In general, if a fight triggers around npc's, joinable or otherwise, don't they pretty much all join the enemy? That would be a hell of a fight, especially in such tight quarters. It would kind of be like when I walked out into the moathouse courtyard and saw 8 x Big Three ambush waiting for me. (Big 24?)

I like the way you think Basil. :yikes:

10. Shiningted

NPCs should only join if they are the same faction: if they are set to flee (as opposed to no-flee) they should run off.

11. Basil the Timid

So, I guess Pishella is not part of Burne's faction? Levelled up Pishella sure wasn't.

I hope that some day this mod can handle the Greater Temple. Too many monsters don't join the fray as I mentioned in Temple questions post #40.

I am still very curious about stealth in the game. Should it be so easy to sneak up next to monsters and assassinate? I read somewhere that there are alarm states but it seems that there are few opportunities to increase that state. Or maybe we need some monsters with some serious Spot and Listen modifiers to balance for elven cloak and boots, Dex Gloves, etc.... My group has 4 guys with between +15-20 modifier and they aren't even maxing their ranks. Giving some appropriate monsters +15 would not be out of line, me thinks.

12. Shiningted

Well yeah, thats the thing: the players have +15 as you say, the monsters have Spot checks of 2 or so? Generally speaking they get maxed Spot and Listen, and 'Alertness' too, but Kalshane remade the monsters by the rules (as he should), not too many bugbears get high Wisdom bonuses, and if their extra levels are in, say, fighter - or they just have extra hit dice - then the engine will treat them as cross-class and chop everything in 2 anyway.

Alert states are a good idea but if they aren't in this mod then they are not going to happen in ToEE any time soon, I think.

13. Basil the Timid

The first edition module did not have spot and listen checks; therefore, I believe it might be good to interpolate what should be. Hopefully, Sitra or someone else with the skillz can take up the cause of tightening up the stealth issue.

How do the alert states of the temple forces work. What changes when an alarm is triggered? What other alarms are there besides Paida?

The bugbears are fighters, not rogues?? Rogue is their favored class. Fighter/Rogue is even better! Obviously, the first edition module says nothing about bugbear classes, since bugbears were just bugbears, ogres ogres, etc....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  14. Shiningted

Sure, but the fighter bit gives them the extra feats for Imprived trip etc. Have you seen one do sneak attack damage? Maybe Kalshane redid them as rogues, I am not sure.

How they work? I have no idea. Set flag, set heartbeat to recognise flag, add bonuses. How I would do it and how Sitra would do it may be two very different things :shrug:

15. Basil the Timid

I don't know. I see a few of them evade Fireballs. If some of them (or more of them) could get some serious Spot and Listen AND evade, then typical stealth and/or slash and burn will become less effective. Then players will have to think more strategically.

Our Host!