Traders "full" invetory / Crafting items

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MagicMerlin, Mar 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I wonder if Zorn could do a "Your boots are mine!" battlecry for Kalshane...

Or for me - that was funny!!:p

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Well, it wasn't my character, just someone else in campaign.

Though he did re-create Akane for playing Baldur's Gate and of course recorded custom voice files for him, including the "I take your boots!" battlecry. Sadly the computer is long since departed and all the files with it.

That campaign was great, though, even if it did get a bit silly at times. One of the other players had a cleric/mage named Seth from a backwoods area of a country that resembled Scotland. So of course, the running joke was the character did unmentionable things with sheep.

Much later in the campaign, the party had split up (due to player schedules), with Seth and Akane on their own, accompanined by my bard (who I created for this break-off campaign to help round out their abilities. Basically the bard took one look at them and went "These guys are going to be a goldmine of stories", which they were.) We're at a border crossing and the guard is asking the usual questions. Name, place of origin, destination, etc. Finally, he asks
    "Is the purpose of your visit business or pleasure?"
    Seth: "Do you have any sheep?"
    Guard: "No."
    Seth and Akane (in unison): "Business."

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@kalshane: You should write a book [paperback RPG fantasy story] about that adventure, the whole story.

4. Osaka

Osaka Member

With respect to people taking boots, it is overdoing things a bit. Though at low levels every little piece of cash helped till I got some decent gear for all my characters (though the caravan did equip me a lot better than ToEE without C08).

Waiting a day's game time fixed the issue with the blacksmith, but the major problem

<<Spoiler Alert>>​

Is that all the scrolls (that I haven't bought) aren't showing up in Burne's shop. All I need is the measily protection from energy spell so I can get past the trap on lvl 4. I could have my cleric/druid memorize it 5 times but would prefer to just put it onto scrolls for easy of use. My Wiz is about to hit lvl 15 and would prefer not to have to use one of the 2 spells she gets for free on this spell.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The trap can be disabled, disarmed. If you cannot disarm it and don't know how to proceed with disarming it, search the forums and you'll find out how to disarm it.

6. Osaka

Osaka Member

I did a lot of searching on that particular trap, though once I finally found the spoilers thread and read that there were roughly 10 different ways to disable/get around the trap I went down a figured one of the alternative ways to do it without using a rogue. Only problem was the spell needed was no longer available for sale (never bought it either) so had to break down and cheat to use the console to give me the scroll.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Sorry if this is a dead thread now, but I just got back from holiday and read it.

There is only an 80% chance that a given scroll that Burne sells will show up in his inventory on any given day. Keep going back, waiting 24 hours (25 just to be safe) between visits. It will show up eventually.

Our Host!