Track Feat Use

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Starbuck, May 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Starbuck

Starbuck Member

How does the Track feat work in ToEE? I have a ranger and when I use the Track feature from the radial menu, it pops up a screen with Spugnoir's pic and a compass that points to his location. Spugnoir is in my party, I know his location (most of the time) :) Anyway, can you add other NPCs to this screen to keep track of their movements or is it something done automagically? How?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You can use the track feat, it will show the direction and type of the closest (?) non-PC in the rangers vacinity. I've "tracked" Chickens in Hommlet, but usually after playing ToEE a few times through, it looses it's usefulness.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"Got anything Aragorn?"

"Nah, just Spugnoir again... wait, there's a bent blade! I detect a drunken fighter nearby, but these footprint patterns suggest he is faking the stagger..."

4. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

I was confused by this until I noticed that the po-up has a list of any tracked creatures in the vicinity. Highlighting the different items move the pointer to indicate their direction. If only party members are shown, I asume there are no others nearby. Of course, it's possible that your track attempt failed.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

". . . and alas! There, before us a scant few yards - a fertile young druid dressed in alluring mystic garb! We can choose to avoid her, but the stirring in my loins betrays my hope that the encounter be joined!"

Our Host!