ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ender2000, Dec 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. ender2000

ender2000 Member

Hi, i've some problem about the patch.
    The game (original english boxed version) patched with official patch 2 run normally (ok, it' very bugged and slow but it don't crash), if i add the fan patch it start normally and appear to run very good but when the party reach Verbobonc the first time, if i scroll the map or if i move the party in any direction the game crash to desktop without any error message.
    I've tryed to remove the unofficial patch and the game come back at the "bugged" normality.
    Someone know how to avoid this problem? I really want to use the fan patch but now it's impossible.
    Any help will be very appreciated.
    My configuration:
    AMD 2400+, MB Biostar M7VIP, 1GB DDR 333, GeForce FX5900XT, SB Live!, Win 2000 pro fully updated.
    Thanks

2. lokster

lokster Member

Someone else had this problem too, and I think there's a bugged file in the new co8 patch, something like the starting_equipment.mes file is buggy. They posted a fixed version on this site, somewhere...can't remember where right now. If you get a chance, check the inventory of your characters, one of mine had a silver "T", and I had that same problem before I replaced the buggy file. Oh yeah, you have to start over again as well.

EDIT:
    here http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1115

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  3. ender2000

ender2000 Member

ThANK YOU !!!

Wow ! I've download the patch again following your link and the problem is vanished. It seems that there are two different patches with the same name.
    Many thanks.

Our Host!