ToEE2:Co8 - interested?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by KillerSonic, Aug 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ToEE2:TCo8

1. new game? no way, that's dull!

2.9%
  2. yes, yes, yes!!!!

85.7%
  3. i won't join but good idea.

2.9%
  4. i don't know........

8.6%
  1. policestate

policestate Member

KillerSonic, just stop the double/triple/quadruple-posting and you'll be forgiven. If you have something (on-topic) to add, edit your last post. If you have a sudden inspiration, consider writing it down and then submiting it once you have a couple of ideas together.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Last time I checked I am the top poster, and thats why I am recommending a blog. I use one myself when I feel the need to rant. I try to only post on here if I have something useful to say.

For instance, I am posting right now to answer your implied question. 'Stream of consciousness' is (in this context) writing things straight off the top of your head, each thought coming out as it occurs, often in a random or garbled manner (like thoughts are).

One thing might be helpful: if you have something to say, then something to add, edit the previous post and add it, don't post several times in a row. Or get a blog. Seriously, we are trying to be helpful.

3. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

helpful? in a random 'garbled' manner? it's getting rather confusing....

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Ted you are the top poster (3.19 posts per day) but KillerSonic's beating you by far in average # posts per day (6.49 posts per day).

5. KillerSonic

that's cause i'm new....
    Ted has most-likely taken a LONG break and that average has gone a lot smaller:)

in case you haven't noticed Ted's all over the 'Recent Threads' section and more than 3 times per day

by the way: this thread doesn't have anything to do with my manner of posting, make a 'Let's mock KillerSonic' thread for that

anyway: if you've done anything or will do something post it here for others to know....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Killer, we are trying to help you be a better forum member.

Straw man. This isn't about post quantity divided by membership duration or whatever, it's about the way you (frequently) post. And going after a longterm respected contributer isn't going to score you any points around here. Refocus on yourself for a moment.

Actually it has everything to do with your manner of posting, because it makes it difficult to percieve the topic. Your posting habits are themselves a distraction, rendering the actual thread topic null. Only HeavyDan is smart enough to see the forest for the trees.

No one has mocked you, we've tried to gently point you in the right direction. Why would you trot out such a deliberate falsehood?

I'd suggest you go back to policestate's post and re-read it. Abide by his suggestions and no one will care about all this a day from now.

7. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Hm I feel like I really need a blog. :coffee: So I'm going there, but probably I'm gonna skip step#2 because I'm a pig. And I will make killer blog and steal all your clicks! Btw is there any point (for the blogger) in those ad clickings? Do you get teh money or some extra services or what.

8. Shiningted

O sure. I get about $0.04 cents when they are clicked. Last I checked I had earned over $1.80 :largeclap Another 2000 years and I can retire.

As the quiet achiever on this board Drifter you may not need a blog, but we would learn a lot if you had one! As a terrible spammer myself, I recommend them to those who look like they need the advice.

Speaking of which, Killersonic, are you going to mail me a protos with taht sword? Or do you want to just jot down the column numbers and entries and I will put it in.

9. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Hmm... Ted's posts are always self contained and a joy to read (usually). It is evident from his posts that he has taken care to make sure that they make sense on their own in the context of the thread. Sometimes he posts in a humourous manner (which, as far a I am concerned, is welcome.) He has not taken a long break, he posts consistently and always to the point (whether humourously or not.)

No one here is interested in "mocking KillerSonic" . You're going to have to become a lot more obnoxious in order to deserve being mocked in this forum.

All that is being asked is that you take a little more care with your posts. Gather your thoughts more carefully and post just once instead of 3 or 4 times. That would make it so much easier for the rest of us to follow and wouldn't clutter the thread with extraneous posts.

Darmagon

10. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Wow, sounds like real bizznizz :jerkin:

As for whether I need a blog or not, you can never be sure. Sometimes my style is to accumulate and then unleash everything at once with overwhelming fury. Ya!

:drunk: -> :poop: -> :flamed:

P.S. I made two off-topic posts in this thread already. Or maybe even 3. Is that a good start for a wannabe spammer?

11. Shiningted

U have just begun your journey into a larger world :p

12. KillerSonic

Gaear: erm? Doesn't really make me a better poster...(how could I if I don't understand half of that you wrote.

Ted: good luck on your retirement....and i have the protos already...all I need is a description.mes and long_description.mes so I would be sure not to forget any other items.

and now it would be nice if we would stop that 'descency of posting' thingy and move on to the topic

13. KillerSonic

now something NOT RELATED TO PREVIOUS POSTS:
    spellcasters:
    Druid: a druid drains magic from nature and that shouldn't be done too many times and it also drains a serious ammount of energy too
    Cleric: a cleric usually heals and that's not easy and you can get easily fatiqued and we don't want to be a useless fighter, now do we?
    Sorcerer: a sorcerer get's his/her powers from himself/herself or a magic item and you don't want to be a useless 'rag' in a fight.
    Bard and Wizard: a bard get's his/her magical powers from singing, but how long can you sing?(additions: magical notes you can sing about 3 times a day ; to get them: 1: buy them 2: write the down and let a local druid bless them[songwriting feat; bless item spell])
    a wizard is schooled in arcane arts and he memorizes all the spells(so why can he cast them only once per day?)(additions:since endless spellcasting makes the game a bit uneven, The Book Of Spells[or something similar to that]: to get a book of spells: buy one[duh] to enchant a book of spells[2 or more slots]: write a scroll of a spell you know[or buy a scroll of a spell you know], then buy an 'enchantment stone' and choose it from the radial menu and click on a scroll of the spell you want to add to the book of spells, then choose 'Inventory/Book Of Spells/Enchant' from the radial menu, then click on the 'enchantment stone(spell)' and wait about 60 days. Using the book of spells: equipt the book of spells to your PRIMARY weapon slot and choose 'inventory(icon)/Book Of Spells/Use spell/-spell-')
    (all data above is confidential material from HC meetings and may not be used without HC permission)

- happy reading(and hopefully someone could actually do that stuff)

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Druid: a druid draws [not drains] magic from nature.
    Cleric: a cleric recites a prayer to his deity, who usually grant's the prayer request.
    Sorcerer: a sorcerer has a bloodline link to a dragon (powerful MAGICAL monsters).
    Bard: a bard get's his/her magical powers from singing songs to affect peoples reactions to him/herself either posatively or negatively.
    Wizard: is schooled in arcane arts and he memorises all the spells. He allocates part of his brain functions to each spell he memorised, when casting the spell he concentrates on releasing the energy stored in a controlled manner to get the desired effect.

Did you read the PHB?

15. KillerSonic

did you read the whole text?

(all data above is confidential material from HC meetings and may not be used without HC permission)

and who cares if he draws or drains?

Our Host!