ToEE2:Co8 - interested?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by KillerSonic, Aug 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ToEE2:TCo8

1. new game? no way, that's dull!

2.9%
  2. yes, yes, yes!!!!

85.7%
  3. i won't join but good idea.

2.9%
  4. i don't know........

8.6%
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I like the sound of that, PoliceState. Especially the 'gather reagents' bit: quests should have an impact on the game, not just be shuttling things around. Quest for new reagant, find it, be able to cast new spell: hence there is an incentive for the character to do the damn quest besides a few Xp. I posted something like that on the Atari forums once, think I will republish it on my blog.

KillerSonic, I would rather do a whole new module myself. But there will always be people wanting to tweak and improve the game.

2. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

Hehe, that is exactly what I'm planning to add to the original game. Actually making the temple truly EVIL. LOTS of disturbing rituals and sacrificing :D (i'm trying to find a balance hehe)

3. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

there's a problem for good guys trying to stop this whole thing cuz we already know that the godess of fungi did join in......and the good guys did win....but of cpurse we could leave the battle outta it and make partys prepeare for the battle instead of fighting in it.
    We can also use old NPCs from ToEE1, like black jay(evil quest: kill his family), elmo(not drunk just elmo...) and of couse otis and wonnilog(or what ever that gnome's name was[he infiltrated the evil you know...]) and all the other NPCs we know that fought in the battle(and survived)

- we have to recreate the temple...

4. KillerSonic

ted: what's so bad about making a new game?

5. KillerSonic

ahh the sword is ready!

6. policestate

policestate Member

Is it possible to have NPC initiate combat with one another? I've seen monsters attack one another when they couldn't reach my party, but I'm wondering whether it would be possible for the player's party to wander into a area where minotaurs (or whatever) are busily hacking away at prisoners / townsfolk / children :evil:. The quest reward would be dependent on how many people the party could save (or, on the flipside, how many they managed to slaughter). Another angle would be for the player to use diplomacy, intimidation, etc... to lure townsfolk into ambushes. For ultimate evil cool factor, the player could inspire a team of adventurers to "destroy the temple once and for all" and offer to lead them to its heart... :punch: :dead: :tombstone

As for the ritual stuff, it sounds neat. Suggestion: Party enters room with summoning circle in center, surrounded by priests/mages. Using modified guard tower script, party hears bizarre incantations. A spellcraft check can be used to try to figure out what's being summoned (bonus: epic spellcraft could twist the ritual, summoning a good creature instead). If the party can't stop it in time, they'll end up fighting some undead/demonic/elemental horror backed up by a team of buffed mages.

I'll have a fair amount of free time over the next four months, so be sure to keep the community posted on your ideas and progress. I'd be happy to help out.

7. KillerSonic

are you talking about adding all that in the new or current game?

8. KillerSonic

hmm...the name will be Co8...there are max of eight members in each party and as seen in the intro..8 magicans closed the dorr to the temple(for good purpose:and maybe that eight was your party...and maybe you were the one to clear the temple of evil)

9. KillerSonic

ideas from other therads:

- If there's ever another D&D module using ToEE's game engine . . .note to the developer: Put more loot on people so we can pickpocket them!

Another note to the developer: let there be light! We need torches, lanterns, even a light spell in this game. I'm going blind trying to see where my enemies are at night, in the dungeons, in the inns. . . .

Another cool thing to add: When encamping and ur party has a ranger, we should get the option of setting snares, traps, or even just a simple alarm tripwire to give the party a potential save against being caught flatfooted if an encounter occurs while encamped. As the ranger levels up, his traps get better at detecting enemies or even causing damage to them before the battle begins

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nothing bad about it KillerSonic, go for it! I just think we have the capacity to make a completely different module.

Hey, we can do both. Different people are gonna want to do different things. A few big projects with different aims can have everybody involved.

Edit:
    I was once taking potshots at the giant / bear in the Meadows and a skeleton popped up and began shoooting at the bear. So the bear went over and clocked him.

However it was showing up as 'friendly fire' in the rolls thing. So monsters can go at each other, but the game is really not designed for it (but then that is what modding is for ;)). I'm sure everyone has a story of Shenshock or someone summoning an elemental and it attacking their own guys (I have quite a few stories like that from the 4th level) so it shouldn't be too hard to implement deliberately.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  11. KillerSonic

yeah...you know i just pm'd you.....

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

One thing is that to make a ToEE 2 set after ToEE would be really hard to get the story line right... hold on I destroyed Hommlet and Nulb is great and now in ToEE 2 hommlets back and Nulb is gone. And setting it beforehand is kinda tricky as well but if it was set after Emridy Meadows but before ToEE and was set just outside of the ToEE map limit (new NPCs, towns) then that would work for me.

13. KillerSonic

the thing is we need more maps and villages and i don't know how to make those...also we need a fair ammount of a bit more experienced modders(like yourself)

14. KillerSonic

cujo: we know a lot more before the battle(i think...) and after the battle everything is run-down, wich is a lot like now and we don't want that now do we?

15. KillerSonic

also we know a lot NPCs that took place in the battles...so we can't kill them:(

Our Host!