ToEE wouldn't run after the Fan Fixes V3-0-4..No-CD Crack needed???

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SiGwa, Apr 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. SiGwa

SiGwa Member

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I find it very helpful and interesting! Good job to the staff for that. :)
    To get to the point, I was having problems with running ToEE with CD so I downloaded a NO-CD Crack from gamecopyworld.com. After that, it was running smoothly aside from the Win XP and Direct X9.0c problems regarding looting etc. Now that I've installed the fixes according to this link:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

I haven't been able to run the game again :( It just keeps showing "Please insert the Play Disc" but if I insert the Play Disc on D:, it wouldn't work and it just keeps repeating that message. Is it a problem on the Play Disc or have I done something wrong. Now I have tried reinstalling the whole game + the fixes but still it won't work.

Might there be a need for a No-CD Crack again? If so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Could you more specific on when you get the error message? ie is it as soon as you try to run ToEE.exe?

(Just on a general note, if you needed to run a no-cd crack to play the game, it means that your CD-Rom can't handle the SecuROM).

3. magao

magao Member

You probably applied the patches over the NOCD executable. This will cause problems.

You need to apply things in the following order:

Install ToEE.
    Apply Atari 2.0 patch (*not* 3.0).
    NOCD (make sure you get the 2.0 NOCD).
    Then you can apply any mods.

Even if your CD player can handle SecureROM, it's worthwhile using the NOCD crack - improved speed and stability.

4. SiGwa

SiGwa Member

Problem sorted. Thanks for all the help guys :)

/stupidy off

Our Host!