ToEE World Builder v2.0.5b (GPL)

Discussion in 'ToEE WorldBuilder' started by Agetian, Jan 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.2 (GPL)

UPDATE 06/28/06: Updated to version 2.0.3. Added a button to create a new GLOBAL.LIT file, fixed a minor graphics glitch in the pathnode editor interface, modified the object file format codec to give a more detailed outlook on some of the more exotic and rare fields in .mob files in ObjView (some rare coordinate fields will now actually show up as coordinates instead of as a packed 64-bit value).

- Agetian

2. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.3 (GPL)

UPDATE 06/29/06: Updated to version 2.0.4. Added the "Footstep sound" to the visual sector painter options, as well as made the redraw routine in the visual sector painter a lot faster (now it redraws in less than half a sec).

- Agetian

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.4 (GPL)

Wow Agetian, you've been busy while I was getting a tan...

...I almost feel guilty...

almost.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Did you go au natural or does your tan have...

...coif lines?

5. Agetian

I'm pleased to announce that today, 7th July 2006, is the official public birthday of the ToEE World Builder editing environment.

Exactly one year ago, 7th July 2005, after three months of active research and development, the first public beta version of ToEEWB was released on the Circle of Eight boards.

Since that time, 48 public releases and updates have been made to the ToEE World Builder, ranging from simple quick bug fixes and going all the way up to fundamental changes in the features and core (including the change of the old and slow .NET 1.1 core to the new and very fast .NET 2.0 core, introduction of new editors such as the light editor and visual sector painter (including the infamous sector visibility blocking (SVB) support), and a lot more.

During the course of development, many map-related file formats were broken and supported in the ToEEWB and its supplementary tools, including MOB, SEC, SVB, HSD, LIT, PRP, NXD, PND, BIN, and more. Today ToEE World Builder is a comprehensive editing environment that allows one to create an all-new module from scratch.

I hope to continue the development of this environment as the time permits, and to support more and better features in the future.

I'd like to thank the Circle of Eight modders for continued support. Without your feedback it would have never been possible to create ToEEWB and implement all the features it has today. Thanks, guys!

- Agetian

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Happy Birthday World Builder!

And thank you, Agetian, and your team, for giving us such a wonderful tool, and sticking with it, and us, this past year.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Party at ToEEWB's house! :drunk:

8. DrakoShade

DrakoShade Philosopher

I offer congratulations on the birthday. I've yet to do anything noteworthy with it, but opening up ToEEWB made me feel like a kid in a candy store.

Thank you.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm. Well, an even 50 would have been nice, but I guess you just can't have it all. :yawn:

;)

Rock on, ToEEWB!

10. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey, Happy Belated Birthday ToEEWB!!:rock: :headfones :beer: :drunk: :smoke: :zzz:

What can I say, I'm always a little behind. Many thanks, and please don't go anywhere any time soon.

Cuchulainn.

11. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

Holy crap.. :D

Agetian, this kicks ass... I'm downloading this tonight, and playing with it. :D

I feel like a caveman looking at a spaceship.... I go away for awhile, and instead of dinking w/ stuff via Notepad, I get this to play with. heh.

12. Agetian

Hey Dhoom,

Thanks for expressing your interest! I hope you enjoy the program. It may seem somewhat overcomplicated at the first sight, so please take your time and look through the tutorials that are included with the pack. And of course, any questions are welcome at any time! Lemme know (PM or a post in this thread) if you have any questions 'bout the editor, I'll help you out. ;)

- Agetian

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  13. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

Ah, here it is.... Thanks for creating this Agetian, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Perhaps someone could edit the Downloads thread, removing the link to TOEEWB v1.7.5 and posting a link to this thread.

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

As requested, the Downloads section has been edited to link to ToEE World Builder v2.0.4 (GPL) and this thread.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I made a mob for a chest and used the container tab page to place items in it. I gave it a Lock DC of 10 and selected the checkbox option for "Locked". I saved the mob and closed ToEEWB, started ToEE and tested the chest.

I had a party tp to the map. First, the chest was not locked. A character without the key was able to open the chest [should not have been able to do that] and also some of its mobbed items were missing. I exited the game and closed ToEE, cleared the map cache and deleted the pyc files. I started ToEE and had the same party tp to the map. I gave the correct key to the party--the key showed up in the key list--and I had the same character open the chest. The key worked, but more importantly and, differently, all of the items were in the chest. The two times, the chest inventory was different.

Ted and Blue agreed I should mob Lock DC > 10. (a workaround)

[EDIT] For my test, I deleted and made a new mob; I set a Lock DC = 20 and I selected the checkbox option for "Locked". (This resolved the issue for the mob in the game.)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
Our Host!