ToEE World Builder v2.0.5b (GPL)

Discussion in 'ToEE WorldBuilder' started by Agetian, Jan 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5R Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

UPDATE 02/28/06: Updated to v1.7.5S. Added support for more fields in the object editor, including the scout standpoint where the creature will run if it senses danger (you'll find it with the standpoints) - you may need to set ONF_USE_ALERTPOINTS for the creature to make use of it; also added support for abilities override, gender, and race, as well as improved the MOB codec in general. Also, added support for NPC Generators (e.g. monster spawn/respawn points) -- look at the new "NPC Generators" tab to get the idea. Also, see whatsnew.txt for more clarifications.

- Agetian

2. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5S Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

NOTE ABOUT GENERATOR NPCs: You will need to make them 'off' (OF_OFF) and invulnerable (OF_INVULNERABLE), otherwise you'll be actually see the spawner creature and so on :)

- Agetian

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Does this mean that specific encounters can be added for monsters to re-spawn at intervals of time in the game?
    * And, if yes, would spawned monsters at the same location all have the same inventories?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes, and yes if we didn't make it otherwise.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

something for the arena of heros pehaps :suprised:

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5R Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

Just tested this with the Running Bugbear in the Moathouse Dungeon without ONF_USE_ALERTPOINTS set, and it worked beautifully. He ran into the other room and drew the other bugbears into combat. You are a genius Agetian! Thank you for resolving another of the games mysteries.

7. Agetian

UPDATE 02/03/06: Reuploaded v1.7.5S. Added a feature to auto-scroll to last opened MOB in the MOB Object Editor (if the MOB still exists, of course).

- Agetian

8. Agetian

UPDATE 03/03/06: Thanks to Sapricon, we have another protos.tab fields update here. Sapricon took time and corrected some fields based on some clarifications I received from Steve Moret recently (thanks!). I reuploaded ToEEWB with updated protos field names. This time it should be all correct. If you encounter an inconsistency, please let me know.

- Agetian

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Agetian; I know your taking a break and all, but if you happen to find a spare 13 minutes...
    Being able to fill creatures inventories from invensource.mes is great, could you make WB able to create an invensource.mes entry FROM the selected items in WB?

Making respawnable inventories would be so much easier that way.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ooooo thasss a great idea...

11. Agetian

That would actually be more than 13 minutes, Allyx :) There's no support for invensource.mes editing in ToEEWB, so no routines exist that could combine stuff from inventory entries into a valid invensource entry and write it out. Also, it'll take some time to write a valid invensource per-entry parser anyway which could place the newly created entry in a proper place (it'd be much similar to the description.mes one).. I'd estimate 2-3 hours including testing (at least), and I don't have that much at this very moment... :( But your request is acknowledged, if and when I have some spare time I'll code it for you ;)

- Agetian

12. Allyx

Well there's no rush dude, it save me remaking 2 HUGE shop inventories (this time noting down the proto numbers I used) ans spending a few hours for each adding the invensource.mes entries, I know your busy with other things, but if you put it on your "To do list" that'd be great.

Thanks.

13. Agetian

It's already on my to-do list, so I'll do it whenever I have time. ;)
    I could have done it the other way - say, I could have coded 15 minutes a day, and finished it whenever I could, but that way I would face another problem - that is, I risk introducing too many bugs in the code. That's why I need at least three hours straight to spend on ToEEWB and nothing else, and better if more (say, 4-5 hours would be sure enough). If I get that much time, I'll code it right away. Hope it's OK... Sorry couldn't help ya straight away :(

- Agetian

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  14. Agetian

CLARIFICATION NEEDED

Chances are that I *may* have the necessary time this weekend to do what you're asking about, guys. No promises, but I really hope for it, so keep your fingers crossed. However, I need clarification about what I need to do -- did I get you correctly that you want me to make a tool in WB that would take the inventory of a NPC/chest and create a valid invensource.mes entry from it?

- Agetian

15. Allyx

Yeah, that is correct dude, the percentage change of occurance isn't that important at this stage (set 100 by default) but currently, gathering all the proto ID's for all the item's in the substitute inventory containers, and copying the number list to invensource.mes accurately and without missing items out (perferabley without forgetting where you got upto and subequently having to start again from scratch) is extremely time consuming.

Our Host!