ToEE World Builder v2.0.5b (GPL)

Discussion in 'ToEE WorldBuilder' started by Agetian, Jan 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5P Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

Not in my time zone it wasn't.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5P Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

Release v1.7 Patchlevel 5q .NET2 Edition - Feb 10 2006
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

- corrected the subtile positions in tile structure (now they are correct)
    - !!! IMPORTANT !!!: Rewrote the SVB support. Now the SVBs are supported by the sector analyzer and the sector painter as they should be. No more 3 layer mirroring or hard-to-predict coords, everything is 1:1.
    - !!! IMPORTANT !!!: Updated the Sector Painter mode, added SVB overlay quick options. These options will allow to paint SVBed tiles OVER the existing tile configuration, so you can simply paint the blocking/flyover/etc. tiles first, and then paint SVB tiles OVER them without ruining the initial configuration of the tile.
    - !!! IMPORTANT !!!: Removed support for SVBs in Editor's Assistant Tool (ed.py) because it was broken. There is no way I can implement SVBs in ed.py at the moment. If I'll think of a way to do it I'll definitely do it. For now, please use ToEEWB's Visual Sector Painter to paint SVBed areas.

P.S. Just as I said, no more three-layered mirroring! Everything is drawn 1:1, so where you paint the SVBed areas is exactly where you'll get the visibility blocking effect. No offsets, no rotation. :D

Special thanks go to Steve Moret for explaining my big mistakes about SVBing! ;)

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5Q Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

THAT'S GREAT!!! well done dude. Can't wait to try this out :)

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Remember where u were when u heard the news, people...

"I was under a pooltable in a bar when I first heard the Great Wall of SVBs had fallen... I celebrated with a drink".

5. Agetian

@ Allyx, Shiningted: thanks for your support and kind comments! :)

Well, I uploaded the latest set of refined tutorials. I only refined them briefly, updated the Secret Door tutorial, changed some stuff here and there to reflect the recent v1.7.5Q/NET2 changes... but of course it's not everything. We need a new light/particle FX tutorial badly!! If I have some time, I'll try my hand at writing one soon.

You can download the updated tutorials from the top post in this thread.

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  6. Agetian

UPDATE 02/10/06: Updated the tutorials. Added a tutorial explaining a nifty trick of how to outline and create SVBed areas easier with the help of Editor's Helper Assistant (ed.py), even though it doesn't support SVBs directly. Enjoy!

- Agetian

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

2 suggestions - I don't know how good or feasible these changes would be, but they seem to make sense to me. Maybe these are okay or great ideas, or maybe they are just bad ideas. Anyway, I thought I would mention them as others could possibly be thinking the same things.

I. - When the World Builder opens, it expects the files it will edit to already be in the same folder as the ToEEWB files. It automatically loads them. It would be nice to have ToEEWB be in its own folder and the modder be able to do a File|Load [using the ToEEWB menubar] and be able to browse to and select a folder that has the files to edit without ToEEWB crashing. Further, it would be even more nice if when ToEEWB saves its edited files that it would save its new version of the edited files to subfolders located under the ToEEWB folder. This would allow a modder to maintain easier control of modded changed files and updating the version of the ToEEWB files.

II. - When a modder makes an edit to a protos.tab, for example, it would be nice not only to save the changes to a new protos.tab file, but to also be able to export only just the edited changes to a file like a CSV comma delimited text file that ToEEWB would save to a folder under the ToEEWB folder. This would allow somone modding changes to share their changes with others where the other person or people could see just the edited changes.

8. Agetian

This was mentioned by Cerulean some time ago. It would be hard to implement in code given the way ToEEWB functions. It'll be considered later. Thanks for suggesting.

It's a good idea, I'll think it over and will implement it when I have some time to.

P.S. I'd advise everyone not to forget that WB is open source, so I'm not the only one who can implement stuff in code ;) Of course, I'm known as a fast developer, but I can't do everything alone - there are tons of things on my list, such as tutorials, minor fixes here and there, and more. And also I have a thesis paper project to work on, and regular life business... :D If someone will be willing to code Krunch's suggestions, I may afterwards include the coded stuff in one of the next official updates to the WB.

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  9. Agetian

UPDATE 02/10/06: Reuploaded the tutorials again. Added a detailed, comprehensive lighting/particle FX tutorial. I recommend everyone who wants to make modules and game additions for ToEE to read this tutorial in detail.

- Agetian

10. Agetian

UPDATE 02/20/06: Updated to v1.7.5R. Added a way to delete mobile objects from the WB and to clean NPC/chest inventories with one click. Thanks to Cerulean the Blue for suggestions.

- Agetian

11. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5R Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

UPDATE 02/20/06: Reuploaded v1.7.5R with some MOB codec fixes and updates (resolved stuff from the "MOBs World Builder Won't Open" thread). Please redownload.

- Agetian

12. Agetian

ANOTHER UPDATE 02/20/06: Reuploaded v1.7.5R again. This time I added a button to the NPC/Critters 2 tab that allows to strip the internal d20 state info from the original game MOBs (usually creatures). This *may* allow to reset the hardcoded entries in the .mob files in order to allow those .mobs to use data from protos.tab instead (e.g. data like Gnolls' Damage Reduction). :) Hope this helps Cerulean the Blue and Allyx. ;) Thanks to Allyx for suggesting.

- Agetian

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Agetian: as you know I tried out that new button on the gnolls on the first floor of the temple in my 3.0.4 toffee module (to avoid Livonya's gnoll respawn) then teleported into the temple.

The gnolls i fought had no damage reduction vs bludgeoning (as they did at the time 3.0.4 was released), but did have +7 to natural armour - I checked the prots.tab entry for the gnolls and that is exactly what I found (+7 natural armour).

That new buton seems to have done the trick! Good on ya Agetian!

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Good job Agetian! Now we are going to have to decide if we want to continue the Proto/Inventory project I'm working on, or just redo all the MOBs.

15. Agetian

UPDATE 02/23/06: Reuploaded v1.7.5R with a new option - "Clean script overrides". Now cleaning script overrides in MOBs is optional when cleaning internal d20 states, and will be disabled by default. You'll need to specify the option to clean script overrides if you want to (in the same place as the "Clean d20 info" button).

- Agetian

Our Host!