ToEE World Builder v1.7.5

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.1

oh, I thought it was slang! ok, now it is working fine!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Hmm..... Now that I'm making some experiment, the thing looks quite intuitive. The only problem is that I'm forbidden to open many of the existing mob files since the program says that they contain functions not supported from the editor. lareth and many monsters from the nodes, just to name some.
    Aexcept do this, that is quite frustrating, there is a question that I wished to ask: how does it work the variablie for assigning an item to the desired slot? It is not the same question above. let's say that I want to give Ring A to left ring and Ring B to left hand. If I click on ring A in the NPC inventory and try to modify the number below (0 to 203, right h, or 204, left hand), the numer is assigned automatically to all items in the inventory so I'm afraid of screwing up the game and I don't understand how I may assign the ring that I choosed to the hand that I choosed. Should I set that value when creating a new item in his inventory?

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

This is normal. Certain NPC MOBs will cause loading errors in ToEEWB, which is normal since MOB format is very complicated and some (most complicated) MOBs can't yet be read through. IF I had some help on working with MOB files (at a very deep level) then ToEEWB would have had the support for all original MOBs by now. However, I'm all alone in my development atm, and that seriously slows things down.

It's the same as in Module Building Tutorial: before you add an item to the NPC inventory (e.g. click on the "Add New" button), choose your slot (203, 204, or whatever else you want - from the list in ToEEWB help menu). Then, after you type in the number of the slot, click "Add New". ONLY this item will have that slot set. No items before or after that item will be affected.

- Agetian

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

On an associated issue - how do I put in a weapon in a slot in such a way that it is not drawn but in inventory, to be drawn when combat begins (vis-a-vis my previous comments about NPCs not walking around with weapons but rather only pulling them out at the appropriate time).

5. Agetian

Just don't assign a special slot number to it. Unless the NPC (for a reason of its own, kind of :) ) decides to draw the weapon immediately (wield it), then it'll end up in his inventory.

6. Agetian

VERY IMPORTANT:

An interesting fact about respawning inventories is discovered. The tutorial in ToEEWB says that you MUST specify the following flag for the substitute inventory container:

OF_DYNAMIC

In fact, this flag makes the game CRASH at inventory respawn when used for containers whose inventory must be respawnable. Therefore, OF_DYNAMIC MUST NOT BE SET in case you create a NPC with respawnable inventory! If the inventory shouldn't be respawnable, OF_DYNAMIC must be set. Please keep this in mind while developing NPCs with respawnable inventory!

There are also other flags which are usually not set for NPCs with respawnable inventory: OF_NO_BLOCK, OF_INVISIBLE. I'm not sure if they have any effect on the container validity, but I doubt it.

This post will also be available as a separate thread.
    Thanks.

- Agetian

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is my experience that NPCs automatically equip weapons in there inventory if they do not have any other weapons equipped. This may not be true of all NPCs, but the few I've tested this is what has happened.

8. Shiningted

Yeah, thats my point ;)

O well, one more thing to test :)

9. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.2

UPDATE 23 SEP 2005: Uploaded version 1.7.2. This is a non-critical update which mainly covers installation package issues: now, there is a unified installation package including both v1.7 and changes introduced in the v1.7.1 upgrade. Also, v1.7.2 includes a newer version of Toffee Pro (v3.1 as opposed to previously included v3.0).
    Enjoy!

- Agetian

10. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.3

UPDATE 23 SEP 2005: ToEEWB v1.7 Patchlevel 3 is released Please redownload ToEEWB package. This version fixes a critical bug in 2D area splitter that caused splitting to be done incorrectly on certain large irregular maps (like Nulb). This fix is critical for everyone working on 2D area graphics.

- Agetian

11. Agetian

A note about further updates to ToEEWB: Next update to ToEEWB will be done in approximately a week (could be a little more. It will be yet another version in the 1.7.x series (most likely it'll receive the version 1.7.4 tag). New things to come are: 1) a path node generator (will work like this: modders will need to drop down pathnode locations in certain places where it's hard for characters to find a path, and then the path node generator will automatically generate a map of pathnodes that will allow the game engine to successfully take the characters along the given path); 2) an add-in system which will later allow to plug in additional software into ToEEWB; 3) certain fixes (I *really* hope Shiningted lives up to his promise to examine the "subtiles-in-a-tile" issue and tell me the correct order of sub-tiles in a tile, so that I can possibly fix it in the upcoming v1.7.4 ;))

- Agetian

12. Shiningted

<sigh> I guess so...

13. Agetian

My personal tests show that the order of the sub-tiles is correct... I still may be wrong though. While testing, please remember that the game is isometric (therefore, you should look at the order of the sub-tiles from another angle, not upright but turned 45 degs to the left)... Still, if you think that the order is wrong, please tell me what you think would be the correct order of the sub-tiles.

- Agetian

14. Agetian

NOTE: Some of you may be interested in knowing that a path node generator is complete (Ted, rejoice! ;)) and is currently undergoing final testing. Then, after a manual is written for it, I will upload a new version of ToEEWB (v1.7.4) with support for path node generation.

- Agetian

15. Agetian

ToEE World Builder v1.7.4

(Kind of a surprise I guess ;))

UPDATE 29 SEP 2005: ToEEWB v1.7 Patchlevel 4 is released! This version adds the path node generator and a new tutorial for it ("The Art of Pathfinding"). Also, it incorporates the previously released standalone script to find out the sector location of a character into a new version of the Editor's Helper Script (now it's at v5.1). Also, it fixes certain minor bugs in text windows and message boxes, and adds a simple add-in system that will be useful later for plugging in various additional software into ToEEWB (like ToEE Script Generator, if it's ever going to be written). Please redownload the ToEEWB v1.7 package to get the latest version 1.7.4! Enjoy!

- Agetian

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
Our Host!