ToEE Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jul 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah thats fair enough, but they DO have homes to go to... which by and large are big empty pointless maps!

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i like the idea of the stores being closed at night with the exception of the churches or the inn. it would make more sense to me.

as to sammy ive always wanted an option to tell otis about him. kinda like the choices you get in the skole quest.

im not sure about limited accesablitly to places, i mean it makes sense not to just barge into a persons house or snoop around places but hey we are adventurs we are a curious breed :eyebrow: .

as to the help board a few more lines could be added to the barmaid at the inn, she already likes to gossip, or to the mayor or to both. another option would be to finally put the town hall to use and have messages posted in there.

3. emptybook

emptybook Member

I nth the option for being able to rat on Sammy.

The suggestion for ending Hommlet's 24h society makes sense. I can see the grandfathers now: "In my day, we didn't have to lock the door to stop adventurers barging in at two in the morning!"
    I'd like to add the nulb brothel to the 'do not lock' list - that's an aaaall night kind of place.

In other things, would it be difficult to get your rolls breakdown in the rolls tab (like Infinity Engine games do, for instance) instead of having to click on it?

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

If NPCs are going to be in their homes at night, are their doors locked and should this open windows of opportunity [pun intended] for burglary? And what would they have for loot, items they make or some jewelry [cheap stuff at that] perhaps that can be sold to the traders who would say nothing about it? And, finally, does the traders shop ever refresh?

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well if we want to put in small treasures for the parties that dont mind knocking over a few houses then we could use the stuff from the original mod. it gave a detailed listing of what everyone had and where. it was never much, 3 gp here a necklace there. all small stuff heck the weapons and armors they had were worth more lol. if we do this i think we shoud also add a new rep for those that kick in doors and slip into windows. say the peeping tom of hommlet :yes:

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Monsters in combat can target and attack spiritual weapons summoned by a cleric in an adventuring party. However, if a monster attacking a party summons a spiritual weapon, the characters in an adventuring party cannot target and attack that spiritual weapon. Is this something that can be fixed?

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Ideally it should be fixed so no one can attack the Spiritual Weapon (and it shouldn't grant flanking either.) Live gave the weapons an AC and HP because she couldn't figure out how to stop enemies from targeting it.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@kalshane: What do the new version rules officially have in B&W on paper? (As the unofficial new version rules lawyer, I am asking you for a quote.)

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

It's not a creature, like Summon Monster. It's a spell effect that makes attack rolls.

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

IMO - To keep it simple, if it can be dispelled or disintegrated, then, it needs to be able to be something that can be targeted.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  11. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

How do you train the AI to use spells sensibly and reactively? That's the main problem with spiritual weapons and the M.'s dog. We've got a bit of a cheat to help the AI out but force the player to respond according to the rules at the moment. Should we really gimp the AI without having a proper way for it to identify the spell and then cast dispel magic?

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Concerning identifying a spiritual weapon, a DC check could be made against a Spellcraft skill.

13. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Kap'n...are you posting in the right thread with this? Seems like you've hijacked it with this spiritual weapon stuff. LG was discussing burglary & BAM...you're on about some spell.

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I brought up the idea of cat burglary in Hommlet if NPCs would be moved like day/night transitions as suggested and now we are back on that track, the NPCs being in their homes after dark.

15. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

As does, apparently, killing that shopkeeper. That's one thing that I noted when after whacking one shopkeeper (though his partner managed to flee), the deceased had only his own personal inventory where he had the entire shop inventory prior to the fight.

That didn't make much sense to me, as if you've killed one shopkeeper and driven off the other, logic dictates that your PCs should be able to loot the shop. I mean, the stuff on the shelves and behind the counter wouldn't just disapear with the departure/demise of the shopkeeper(s), and a fleeing merchant isn't going to be able to, even should he want to, grab all of the inventory on his way out the back door.

Certainly a choice item or two (gems, jewelry, magic wands) could be snatched on the way out, but that should still leave most of the shops inventory, particularly the heavy or bulky items, such as polearms and suits of armor, in the shop.

Could the death of a shopkeeper, provided there is no other shopkeeper remaining in the map, result in the shop's inventory being dropped to the floor like when a deceased npc disappears?

Maybe the death of the shopkeeper could result in transfering his inventory into a chest in the shop.

Our Host!