ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Oct 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldweasel

oldweasel Member

Is there a known issue with the front end and max PC characters? I set the max pc chars to 6 using the front end (it auto-saves the settings), start the game, even though it only shows 5 character portraits, it allows me to add a 6th "invisible" character to the party, but when the game start I'm back to 5 PC chars.

Am I missing something buried in the instructions on this? I did a thread and google search and found no results, hoping someone's still watching this thread!

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just checking, but did you save the setting for the 6th character max on the front end? if for whatever reason the 7th character did not show up in the store shop, did you try to add him/her at the inn just to check?

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Plus are you sure you correctly activated the mod you wanted to play? I had similar problems and had to update the dll and use the no-cd crack.

4. oldweasel

oldweasel Member

Thanks for the replies, the mod shows as being active, I didn't check the Inn, will try that and report back

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

oldweasel, I once encountered the exact same problem as you. The reason that the problem is happening is because you did not manually save the Front End's settings. At the moment, your Front End has the maximum PC/NPC ratio set to the default 5/3 which is why you can only start a new game with 5 PCs at the moment. As soon as you adjust the max PC/NPC ratio to 6/2 and then manually save the settings, you will be able to start a new game with the 6th PC.

When the Front End states that the settings will be automatically saved, the Front End doesn't actually automatically save the settings. This should be addressed because it is extremely misleading!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

TFE-X has been updated to version 3.0, I added some functionality requested by Gaear - you can now specify the delay for Delayed Blast Fireball from TFE-X. The new version is available in the TFE-X download thread here.

@ gazra_1971: Strange, changing the max number of players in the party always saves the TFE-X settings correctly for me, just tested it again (with TFE-X 2.2 and 3.0) and both worked fine.

- Agetian

7. Agetian

TFE-X has been updated again to version 3.0c - some issues with the Delayed Blast Fireball setup were corrected and the feature is now more error-proof.
    Please redownload from here.

- Agetian

8. Agetian

ToEE Front-End X has been updated to version 3.0d, now it will show notification windows when TFE-X is working on something that will take a long time. Please update here.

- Agetian

9. Agetian

ToEE Front-End X has been updated to version 3.0e.

* added an ability to change game resolution (to supported 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10 modes) from the front-end
    * added an experimental BETA version of TFE-X for Linux based on 3.0e codebase (run TFE-X-linux via Mono 2.2+)

- Agetian

10. Alporik

Alporik Member

I am trying to download the latest version of Front-End X v3.0e, but the link is dead. Only a few minutes earlier, the link was live and I had downloaded it, but the zip file would not extract successfully. I used WinRAR on an XP machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

11. Agetian

There seems to be an issue with the attachment system for some reason, we're trying to investigate it. At any rate, a new link has been put up just now that should work. Please try downloading using a new link and tell us if it worked for you.

- Agetian

12. Alporik

Alporik Member

The link in the "ToEE Front-End X v3.0e" post in the "ircle of Eight Forum > Downloads > Other Downloads " forum still appears dead to my computer. I reloaded it and the "DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION (v3.0e Patchlevel 3) HERE" at the bottom is just text - no link.

13. Agetian

The word "here" is the link. ;)

- Agetian

14. Alporik

Alporik Member

Got it - and this time it extracted without error. Thanks.

15. Alporik

Alporik Member

When I was unpacking the .zip into the TOEE directory, I notice that the TOEE.exe is replaced by a much smaller file of the same name. I aborted and I am going to copy the original somewhere I can protect it and then unpack again with replacement and see if everything works. It just seemed odd to throw out several MB of .exe file without losing anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!