ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Oct 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

For Win 7 you need to change both the TFE-X and ToEE executable files to run in a Win XP environment. Right click, properties, and then compatibility tab I believe.

2. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

That did the trick! Thanks! I had done that with the front end, but not with the TOEE exe itself.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Is there a way to set the options on the front end without using the pull down menu?

My computer has developed some sort of of hardware/software problem where pull down menus close themselves and I have to fight to type capital letters with the shift key.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There should be a config file somewhere: manually hack it. (I can't be more specific since I don't have the game on this PC).

5. GuardianAngel82

Thanks, Ted.

Does anyone know where the config file(s) for the options drop down menu on the Front End might reside?

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

TFE-X.ini in the main folder? That's what it looks like anyway. Good luck figuring out which option is which though, I have no idea.

7. GuardianAngel82

I'll post if I can make it work.

The true solution is to replace this junker computer. But it's kind of fun to keep it stumbling along.

8. GuardianAngel82

I can get to the file and 'open' it, but I can't 'save' the edited values. Does it need a particular program to enable editing?

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Notepad? Worked for me. I tried changing the first line in the file from false to true, which correctly put a check next to the "windowed mode" option.

10. GuardianAngel82

It tells me:

Cannot create the C:\...\TFE-X.ini file.

Make sure the path and file name are correct.

This smells like the usual WinXP 'administrator' permission bullshit. But I can't find a way around it.

11. Franciscus

Franciscus Member

Hello. Sorry if this is not the right place to post, but I think so...
    I am running Windows XP SP2, administrator.

I am having a problem, with the frontend and the latest (5.9.1) modpack (patch2, no-cd crack also). If I activate the "original" vanilla TOEE, I always get a CTD when quitting the game (followed by a message stating that "xxxx memory can not be read"). The game itself seems to play fine, and I do not get this problem with the modpack (NC). I have exactly the same problem - CTD when exiting TOEE vanill, although without the memory error - in my Windows 7 laptop.

Any ideas ? :confused:

Thanks in advance

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I don't think you have the correct no CD crack, can you activate any other mod, and does it show the mod name on the title screen? When you start one on these new mods, do you start on the vendor map?

13. Franciscus

Franciscus Member

Thank you for your answer. I have only the 5.9.1 NC mod installed. I can activate it without problems, and it loads and exits fine, on both my systems. In the title screen it shows the name of the mod. The mod starts in the shop, but TOEE vanilla goes to the alignment start quest, as WAD, I think...
    My no-CD crack is 33K in size, apart from it I am not sure if it is OK, but...:confused:

Regards

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You're going to have to right click on the file before opening it and click properties, then the security tab, then about half way down you should see the profiles. High-lite the one you use to log in, (you still log in even if you don't know it) click the advanced button and click on the check mark for allow all, (it's grayed out but you can check it). Click apply and close the properties.

Now you can edit and save this file.

15. Franciscus

Franciscus Member

Well, I found out that the problem is not frontend related, sorry.
    I uninstalled everything and reinstalled via CD -> patch1 -> patch2 -> 33K no-cd crack and although the game loads and seems to play fine, when I exit, I get the same CTD. Maybe is related to the no-CD crack, but without it, I kept receiving warnings from my AV (Kaspersky), probably securom related, so it is acceptable.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!