ToEE FAQ and references

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sitra Achara, Jun 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Not positive about the size limit but I don't think so. I am sure that you can't put posts in anything but chronological order though. Sorry.

2. Gaear

Just thought I'd put this out there as the official Livonya explanation of how to use her NPC inventory management system successfully. (It's from an old 2005 thread.)

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I see. Added an explanation - is it clear enough, the way I worded it?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, I think you explained it well.

Interesting that Liv thought of it as something to stop them selling ancillary items - ones that could get used up - not their main gear (since you have to swap that in and out for crafting anyway). Just understading that puts it in a new light.

5. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Though this is a much earlier posting I wanted to point something out. If you are going to host a file or tip or something at a site other than Co8 please be aware that sites disappear from the Internet all the time. I tried accessing SharkD's hotkey chart only to find out that it was hosted at Yahoo's GeoCities which is no longer in existence.

Anothing thing about external hosting. Is anyone else frustrated at the search feature on this site. Granted, we are the step-children of Sorcerer's Place (thanks guys) but there has got to be a better way. If Internet space is needed I have gigabytes available on my server and an extra domain if needed (I pay for it but have never used it) and would glagly donate it. I even have limited abilities at HTML coding. It would be interesting to develop a much more polished site for all to enjoy. Heck, I think our donations actually go to Sorcerer's Place at the present anyways. You have donated to support this site haven't you!!!

6. Gaear

Just a heads-up: Humble NPCs (or more specifically, Ted's 'slightly less humble NPCs') has been mandatory since I think 5.7. It can't be turned off.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Oh, I guess I must be using an older front-end.

Is this enforced while running the vanilla module too?

8. Gaear

No, just Co8 5.7 and 5.8.

9. Gaear

This might be good info to add to the Hommlet knowledge base. A lot of people seem to have trouble with it.

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

The "Gnolls" section of the FAQ is outdated, since you can't order stuff anymore.

Also, hopefully it'd be possible to restore some more severe repercussions for letting them go.

11. Gaear

I've unstuck this thread due to increasingly outdated info, until such time as it can get updated.

Our Host!