TOEE console is a Python interpreter - or, how to cheat really easily

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by duggelz, Jul 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akbar

akbar Member

I checked and double checked the spelling, and I'm still getting the same results, the other functions, like level up and give, work fine just stat modifiers dont work, can anybody help me out.

2. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

changing stats

I think you first need to type the line:

from utilities import *

My guess is that if you play the game for a while something will trigger this and the patching will work fine. If you just start up and go straight into the console you will be missing some links until you type this. There are a couple of other similar include functions - we should try to document which modifications need which includes, but game.party[x].set_base_stat(xxx...) needs this one.

3. akbar

akbar Member

Well it just started working, I had been playing this game for a while and most of my party was already tenth level, I just wanted to increase the abilities, any way I had been tring to do it on and off and it just started working some abilities worked some didn't, right now I just wanted strength bumped up. I apreciate all the help.

4. Arc

Arc Member

money set doesnt work

When i type

game.party[0].stat_base_set(stat_money_pp, 1000)

it just states how much money i currently have. it doesnt increase my plat to 1000

also tried

game.party[0].stat_base_set(stat_money, 1000)

it displays 330140 i dont have that much cash. its not showing my money all converted to cp cuz i tried to make it 350000, it still says 330140 with the stat_money, * command.

WHAT GIVES i want some plate armor and cures lol

5. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

You could always type "give 7003" in the console to give yourself 50pp.

6. loanwrangler

loanwrangler Member

...still don't get it

OK, I hit the 'shift ~' thing and get a big text box......

I want to level my characters up a couple levels cause I'm tired of getting killed so easily }:(

I've tried entering the following:
    game.party(0).stat_base_set(stat_experience, 1000)

it then it shows in the text box:
    Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in ?

What sould I be doing? I've spent far too long playing NWN at 25+ levels and am having too much trouble at 1st level!!

Please help me

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Well, I don't know anything about python or how to input those crazy codes correctly, but the one time I tried opening the console I typed "levelup" for fun. You don't gain a whole level per guy, but each guy gets an exp boost (maybe around 500 or something). Anyway, just type it a bunch of times and your guys will go up a level eventually. That should work.

8. loanwrangler

loanwrangler Member

neat

...interesting.....

9. Tazira

Tazira Member

Ok, the text box accepts the code, but, the stats don't change on the players. Do you have to reboot the game or something...or is it really not accepting the code like I think it is.

Tazira :eek:

10. ThunderSoul97

ThunderSoul97 Member

Python code...

Python statements end with dots.
    Somebody needs to get the whole list and document it. The arguments to each method call really need to be documented, because the method names by themselves without arguments are useless, unless you like to guess; and you don't necessasrily know how many arguments each function has. So whoever got the list, could you please post it all documented and also more complete?

Thanks,
    -TS...

11. WinterRose

WinterRose Member

Hmm... having upgraded mine to 3.0.4, I can't make the shift-~ combination work. Then I hit quote key (the unshifted tilde key by itself), it selects the whole party. Hitting shift tilde selects my whole party as though I hadn't hit the shift key at all. And I'm certainly not getting any text window where I can enter in code. Is there something in the .ini file I need to change before this will work? Baby needs mo-bettah starting money.

12. samuel-wolfe

samuel-wolfe Member

The commands given solve the problem that I was looking to solve when I found this thread, but now I've gotten greedy... I was wondering if anyone knows what all the commands are that are accepted by the game. I play a lot of games with console commands like this, (NWN and morrowind to name just a few) and as much as I'd like to be one of those players who has more fun when he doesn't cheat, I just can't do it. I'd really like to see what other kickass commands the game will let me use. I've looked at a command list for the python code, and I'm guessing that the game itself doesn't use these commands, so I was just wondering where (if anywhere) a person might find a full list of commands for the game console?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  13. Jesus

Jesus Member

Can some one explain

i have tried to do this many times i'm pretty sure i am typing it in right
    game.party[3].stat_base_set(stat_level_sorcerer,7)

but it just say

and there are no changes in ANY of my characters

14. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

If you want to levelup the sorc, select the sorc, then type "levelup" in the console window and press Enter. Should work I believe...

15. plumrod

plumrod Member

It could be that you have the 0 in parenthesis. Should be in brackets [0]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!