Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I like the way they stop barking when you kick them on to the neighbor's roof.

You might consider throwing a leaf or something over the fence and enjoying the intensified barking. I promise they are horrified by the very nerve of such an action.

Repeat as necessary until coronary failure, or until the neighbor gets rid of the insane dog. ;)

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I have adapted the attitude of "oh look, they're almost like dogs only smaller".

When I walk my 170 lb Great Pyrenees, (Fluffy) we stop and look at the two little wieners, (or whatever they're called) my neighbor has and sigh then go on about our walk.

Fluffy is so laid back and relaxed that he has actually taught me how to limit the amount of space I allow people, places and things to rent in my head.

An example of him dealing with a small annoyance. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That looks like your big, fluffy dog took a small, fluffy dump :twitch:

4. GuardianAngel82

That used to confuse me, too. The turds are the ones that are less repulsive.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

It's Fluffy and his annoying little Mini-me.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

LOL

Guess I was a wee bit off topic, sorry.

Things that annoy me .... little white dogs that look like my dog, only noisier.

Oh, and exwives that still breathe. :evilgrin:

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I want to see the "after" picture where Fluffy swallows the yappy dog in one go.

Or flattens it with one blow of those mighty paws.

BTW, great dog, man! That's one awesome beast! :thumbsup:

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

1. When apps or the removal of apps have unexpected consequences for unrelated Windows system operations. I deactivated some 'live monitoring' feature or some such thing in Ad-Aware, which had arbitrarily decided to start blocking the TOEE.exe from running in the spirit of our favorite anti-virus apps, and it consequently made the Windows page navigation sound start playing even if 'no sounds' was the current sound scheme. Let me repeat: deactivating a feature in Ad-Aware made a sound start playing in defiance of a system condition. :bored:

Which leads me to ...

2. ... when search results go bad. So I searched for "can't disable system sounds in Windows XP." Which naturally resulted in a bunch of links on how to edit or enable system sounds in Windows 7.

In the end I recorded over the damn navigation sound with 1 second of 'blessed silence,' so now when the play the damn navigation sound, quick! order goes out every time I click the mouse, I hear nothing anyway.

I don't like the stupid Windows sounds because after listening to all that ding-dong-skip-to-my'lou nonsense a thousand times, I get a little tired of it. :hahano:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  9. Gaear

Let the Google decide for you!

This is a bit of a rehash from above, but recently I've done a lot of Google searching on terms I didn't wish to search for, because after browsing a couple pages of search results, I realized I was looking at results for something I didn't tell the Google to search for, because Google decided I was better off searching for something else. I hate when that happens.

Me: types in "blue car."
    Google: Did you mean "red car?" Here are the results for "red car."
    Me, two pages later: Actually - and I know this is crazy, but - when I typed "blue car," I mainly meant "blue car." I guess I'll just forget it now anyway.

10. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Hugely irritating that when you uninstall a game, like ToEE, it doesn't remove EVERYTHING, like the remnant folders with saves and whatnot in explorer. So, when you go to reinstall it, they just slip their corrupted selves back into the game like nothing ever happened, making you have to do it all over again. I should have realized right away because it didn't ask me to create a folder. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Why does it do that? If it can clean almost everything else out, why not those folders? Is it just out of spite or laziness or both? Is it the game company's fault or an operating system thing? Because I could see Bill Gates saying "Oh, just forget it. Don't worry about it. We already did enough for today. It's not a big deal. It's not our responsibility if they can't keep track of their own directories."

11. Gaear

From some Blackberry interactive tutorial thing I was watching:

bb1.jpg

I couldn't read the final paragraph because the auto-sequencing was moving too fast and took me to the next page before I could read it. Fearing that I would miss something vital, I had to click 'back' to see what that paragraph said. Imagine my dismay when I saw what it said.

Seriously, does anything get any QA anywhere anymore? And this isn't Uncle Freddy's corner discount secondhand wireless mart. It's f*cking Blackberry. :roll:

12. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Everything irritates me when I'm tired. I hate to be asked questions when I'm tired. And I absolutely hate answering them. Well, people don't deserve getting yelled at for asking about anything but I just can't help it.

13. Gaear

There has been a traffic crash on the highway! Traffic quickly becomes backed up, and you crawl along at extremely low speeds for up to an hour before you finally clear the scene and break free.

We've all been there, but on at least three occasions now I have come abreast of the accident scene just as things were being wrapped up (ambulances and tow trucks driving off, crews removing the last of the debris, cops jumping in their cars to go for coffee and donuts) and the all-clear was being given and all the lanes were being reopened. So everybody else who came after me didn't have to wait and subsequently goes racing by, but I had to wait the absolutely full duration, right up to the bitter end.

14. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

But this is nothing, when compared to the fate of those in the crash.

15. GuardianAngel82

The clearing is usually what causes the 'bitter' end to the traffic jam.

At least the people in the wreck aren't trapped in the traffic jam.

Our Host!