Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Back scratcher. :poke:

2. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

And I sometimes have a nightmare (repeating), that
    I shut my PC down, but it will not shut down (or that it comes on all by itself),
    I press "the big red button", but PC does not shut down still,
    I unplug it from the electricity, but PC works,
    At this time I usually understand that I am dreaming...

And this nightmare really-really annoys me.

(And no, I do not spend a lot of time at PC, I spend time reading and doing other proper things.)

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Meanwhile, unattended, instead of shutting down, your laptop plots to take over the world...

4. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I wonder what it does in the long days when I am at work!

5. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I'm a waitress and I hardly ever get complaints... but today somebody complained about the most stupid thing imaginable: apparently I placed the check too far away from the edge of the table. He told my manager that he was used to servers putting the check on the end of the table and that he was offended by me reaching over the table. What an idiot.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Very much an idiot- I am assuming that you didn't reach over any food? even if you had- it would have been AFTER they had eaten, right?

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

King KickAss and his aviation enthusiast, T-Rex friend. :poke:

8. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Drivers on narrow one lane highways that do not pull over and let faster traffic by when they are only doing 35 mph and the speed limit is 50 and I am late for work. And there is a double yellow line.

Road rage? You bet.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I can 1-up that: it not only happened to me, it happened at 6am on a Sat morning when I was racing to work, only it was slow folks in the fast lane shutting down major arterial roads while traffic piled up behind them! The rest of the planet should damn well be in bed at 6am on Sat, not puttering along in the fast lane. Grrrr. I was quite late and the guy I was replacing was (justly) not happy.

10. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

You were rushing to get to work at 6 o'clock on a saturday morning? Man, Australia's !@#$%^ up.

11. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Pizza places being closed on mondays.Wtf.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Driving on deserted, snow-clogged country roads where you can't stop because if you do you'll never get going again and encountering the only other person out and about for 10 square miles at an intersection so you have to stop.

13. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

The general stupidity of Illinois drivers in general when there's the barest hint of snow falling anywhere.

I don't know what in the 9 Hells was going on today. The roads were clear, not even slick, and it took me a ridiculous amount of time to get in today. Was forced to get off my normal route and take the looong way around, just to get back on the roads I needed.

Not a great way to start your morning.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Melbourne's like that - they all putter around at 2km/hr. Mind you, its constantly raining and those tram-tracks on the road get as slippery as hell, but thats no excuse :p

Things that are irritating: walking through a carpark looking ahead instead of down, and cracking your leg on a towbar. OUCH!

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Little yappy dogs. A black poodle who wore a pink sweater (I guess it was a girl? Or a gay male dog? I don't know) barked at me for like fifteen minutes straight yesterday, twice, safely behind it's fence. Only when a more urgent matter emerged - another dog started barking somewhere in the neighborhood - did it redirect it's attention by barking at the barking dog.

Short of wringing its neck, the only satisfaction you can get from such encounters is to not let the dog get the satisfaction of 'running you off.'

I hate when that happens; if you happen to be leaving anyway, they look at you like "That's what I thought ... keep walking, little b*tch, keep walking ... this is my world." :bored:

Our Host!