Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Really trying hard to resist responding to this one. :blink:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Sometimes? I have to pull the battery out of my laptop to kill the idiocy. I like to imagine I causing some real problem for the programs when I do that. Unfortunately, I know better.

And, it's a Toshiba, so it came loaded with garbage from the factory.

OTOH, it sort of a pleasant little hobby of mine to hunt down and uninstall or delete anything I don't think I need or wish to arbitrarily replace some other vender's product.

3. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

The way the computer roleplaying games are developing! :(

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

I am so VERY with you on this, alas, I know that APPLE MACS do not have this problem as much...too bad they were too stooopid to allow cloning in the early years, or we would all be living with better computers, not just more porpular computers trying to imitate the better functions of the better computers...

Granted that, in general, they are getting VERY close these days, your example still shows why they are irritating!

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This was absoutely, positively number 1 on my list of gripes when this thread came out, though I am too lazy to scroll back and see if I posted anything.

The particular incarnation that gets me is when you hit shut down, wander off, and come back half an hour later to find the computer still on with a box saying someting to the effect, "we could not shut down a program! Do you want us to shut it down, so we can fulfill your shut-down command?"

No, I want my computer to be in a half-shut down state til the end of time, wahddya reckon???? :rant:

6. GuardianAngel82

Once, someone hit Gates in the face with a pie. I've always viewed that as a misused opportunity. :angry:

7. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Exactly. I once got hit in the face with a dirty diaper. I think that would've been better for him.

8. GuardianAngel82

Sounds like your kid's got good aim! :thumbsup:

Perhaps he should have to walk a gauntlet of say, 100, of his 'customers' every day. That way, he would have more incentive to operate his monopoly responsibly.

9. Necroticpus

Not my kid, my kid's ex-mother. She was angry at me right then. Just like she was the other 100% of the time. :p

10. GuardianAngel82

Ex-mother? I know several ladies who would like to achieve that staus. Tell me more. :gotmyatte

11. Necroticpus

When you have a couple that has a child together, one a messed up woman in all aspects of the word and a man with a pair of huge brass grapefruits, AND the woman decides to mess up enough so the state takes custody of her child away and gets social services involved, the man bearing all the weight that has trouble walking and goes through an ungodly amount of pants, gets an opening to receive sole custody of the child, after a year and a half in court along with 3+ months of drying out at a state sponsored chemical dependency facility, watching social services and the judge give the crazy mother every second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth chances to come clean. The crazy lady finally decides to cut her losses after testing positive for rock-caine, methamphetamine and cannabis as well as being HIV positive and found to have been prostituting for drugs with the baby-child in the house, she gives up all parental rights of the child to the well endowed and dried out father. That's the happy ending.

And not to be vague, the crazy lady and the fine, upstanding (barely with much straining) father split before all of the drama and badness happened. And naturally, all the badness was blamed on the breakup, hence, the father. Go figure. The righteous dude was the only thing keeping the woman on the straight and narrow!

And that's where the term "ex-mother" comes into play.

The judge told the crazy woman right in court, in front of social services, state prosecutors and state defenders, state stenographers and God, that if the father-who-chronically-drags-one-leg ever decides to leave the country with the child and live, say, in Europe, there is nothing she could do about it.

And there was much rejoicing for males everywhere. One man, against every adversity and the perceived notion that females makes the best parents, gained sole custody of his only child, legally, through the most insidious, draining establishment ever conceived by man, the family courts. :wyatt:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  12. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

it was the family court judge that damned near sealed my doom at the final divorce hearing. She refused to acknowledge that the ex and I had worked out a flexible and open custody agreement and had fully agreed to split all future care costs equally. She was about to hit me with child support, even though I was taking care of him 4 days of the week at my place. The ex flat out told the judge that if she did that, it would cripple me financially, thereby affecting the care of our son. She wanted zero child support from me and made that very clear to the judge. Surprisingly and thankfully, the judge agreed.

The system works, some of the time. I think the stars have to be aligned just so, though. :shrug:

13. GuardianAngel82

From what I've seen, the mom should automatically get custody most of the time. There are several exceptions, and continuing drug use is a great big fat flaming one. Drug use doesn't cause the problem. It's a symptom of the problem.

My ex and I have had pretty good arrangements. But, we are the exception.

14. Necroticpus

I've got a good one that's beyond irritating into the area of "got to take care of it now before ANYTHING else".

Ever get one of them itches in the middle of your back that you can't reach? Man, I hate that. I'll stop what I'm doing and go find a tree if I'm outdoors or a nice outie wall corner to relieve it.

15. maalri

maalri Immortal

Been there, done that. Amen brother.

Our Host!