Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Trash compactors can help. :thumbsup:

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Also- it is VERY irritating that some things DO fit in the bag

It just takes an act of Congress (or whatever political body you have) to get it in there!

And I am irritated by things that require 3 batteries--

Really 3?! I mean there are packs of 4, and even packs of 2 or 8 but no packs of three-

So I wind up having an extra Triple A battery lying around in a junk box or drawer for who knows HOW MANY months, then when I need it to replace the old 3 and I go out and get a 2 pack-- you know it, the lying around one is dead or dies in about a week..

AARRGGGHH!!! 3 freaking batteries- the makers should be summarily executed...

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Just stubble, basically. It's become alarmingly grey though, like I'd suddenly turn into Michael McDonald if I grew it out. ;)

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Ah, the cry of any parent!

Don't have any boys, do you? If so, you might want to but stock in Duracell or Energizer.

Wished I did.

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Yeah, then we'd have to kill you. (J/K)

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Michael MacDonald.. that reminds me of a Great joke.....

Who would win in a knock-down drag-out fight between Kenny G. and Michael Bolton?

Wait for it........

We ALL would, we ALL would!

LMAO! Love that one!!

7. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Driving on a road with a double yellow line all the damn way and some idiot is driving 35 mph and the speed limit is 55 mph. All the way. All 20 miles.

8. GuardianAngel82

Hey! That just means you're a law-abiding citizen. Congratulations! :clap:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  9. maalri

maalri Immortal

Actualy isn't it ILLEGAL to be doing more than 10 UNDER the speed limit?

I'm with you on this Scryler- very irritating indeed!

10. Emirkol the Chaotic

A resounding YES!

Driving under the speed limit is usually a ticketable offense as your creating a hazard by going slower than normal traffic.

I've handled auto claims with the same situation. They're rarer than an accident involving speeding, but still there.

BTW, you're ususally safe and under the radar/laser if you go no more than 8-9 miles over the limit. Anything more and you'll trip the cops radar or laser tracking device.

11. Scryler

We're talking about a winding back road in the country with enough egress to make you think twice about passing.

I was doing a lot of swearing.

12. GuardianAngel82

Sarcasm. And from me, hippocracy. ;)

I would have backed off until I so a long empty patch of clear oncoming traffic, and passed at any speed necessary. On the other side, I would have dropped down to whatever speed I thought I could drive safely at. Usually 60 on a winding 2 lane FM road, dry, in open countryside in daylight. 80 on the Interstate unless the other traffic is slow.

13. GuardianAngel82

Then you did the the best you could. ;)

14. Scryler

Installing new computer equipment. Follow the instructions carefully. It doesn't work. Go online to their help support. Follow the instructions carefully. It doesn't work. Decide you cannot possibly mess it up worse, so you just start pushing buttons. It works.

I hate computers.

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you're on a slower internet connection: websites that take you hostage by taking the liberty of loading videos, flash applications, ads, etc. along the page fringes that you didn't click on their link to watch in the first place and rendering all browser controls (back button, stop button) unusable while you wait for the other crap to load and making your only recourse to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of the entire application unless you want to wait for all the crap to load that you won't watch or even look at anyway. :angry:

[edit]

Also, when Windows refuses to obey the CTRL-ALT-DEL order. Ostensibly to let the aforementioned apps finish loading before you do anything 'crazy.' After which, the CTRL-ALT-DEL box pops up. Ostensibly to let you shut down any apps that are now working fine.

I don't care what Windows thinks: I am the boss. If I want to push the red destroy button, Windows' attitude should be "You are the boss ... initiating countdown sequence."

I sometimes go to great lengths just to show Windows that I am the boss, like pressing the on/off button to shut the system down if it won't respond to my orders, or even unplugging the computer if it won't acknowledge my pressing of the on/off button because between me and a computer that I own, I am the boss and one way or another I am going to get my way.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
Our Host!