Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Things that don't work or work right. I hate spending good money on things that don't work. When the operators called and say the radar is down, it got fixed as soon as possible, (ASAP in military jargon).

I know Activision spent 2 years with a team of 60 and a multimillion budget to do Call of Duty 2. And it still had bugs, tho not very many. A few people working part time and no budget has produced something that has great potential. I guess it's a matter of patience and tolerance on how irritated we get.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I know Troika spent years with a team of people and a budget to do ToEE. And it still had bugs, far too many. A few Co8 people working part time and no budget has produced something that has great potential...

De'ja vous anyone?

Game designers who habitually release bugged games because the publishers want the profits to start rolling in sooner rather than later are irritating.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

EA just released Medal of Honor-Airborne and it's got bugs. The forums are ripping them to pieces. Hell, the load/save function doesn't even work and the recent patch didn't help. I have nothing to complain about co8 and KotB. Bugs are a fact of life in the games business. It's how they deal with them that really counts.

4. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

When you try to recover a password with a magical command prompt code without considering that it may be a cruel hoax and end up turning all your exe files into txt files, causing irreversible damage to your system and you cant even do a system restore. Then having to learn how to remove a hard drive and put your old one in when you've never seen the insdie of a computer before.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Just shoot 'em. That's justifiable homicide, methinks. My 1E books are all cheesed in this fashion to varying degrees.

6. thisdude

thisdude Member

thai girls with cell phones....
    they are the slowest moving animal on the planet for sure.
    walking down the footpath behind one of them is very frustrating when you are in a hurry..
    and for their size, they sure do know how to block up the whole dang path so you cant get around them. ( ireally do believe 2 things about thai people. i believe that foreigners are invisible to them,unless they want something, and that they do not have peripheral vision)

farang price and thai price annoys me as well....
    for thai people on the street, something might cost them 5 baht, if your foreigner the cost goes to 50 baht..

back to thai girls... most of them are beuatiful to look at, and they know it.. so they just assume that every man wants them, and that life owes them everything.. "bow before me and give me your wallet"
    me and a few of my friends call this the "peasant princess syndrome"
    btw, if your a white male in this city, your new nickname is, and always will be "ATM"

sorry, ive been here for 5 years straight, and havent seen home, or my family in that whole time.. man i need a holiday...:(

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  7. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Thisdude, are you speaking of Bangkok or Argentina?
    You're depicting pretty good my country...

...and that's irritating. :smarty:

8. thisdude

thisdude Member

LOL, knight i promise im talking about bangkok..
    after being here for 5 years straight ive grown abit cynical...

i forgot one more... my girlfriend irritates me as well:p
    but i love her, so i put up with it. :)
    she could probably post on this forum the same about me im sure:)

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Being utterly exhausted yet unable to sleep.

Opening KotB and realising that sleepily copying the wrong way between the memory stick and the computer, you just lost an entire night's worth of bug fixes and dlg.

iPrimus the sh*tty Oz telecommunications company.

Talk-back radio.

Rock station DJs who think they are just so gosh-darn amusing you must surely prefer to listen to them than have them play music.

Portable hi-fis that just spontaneously lose a channel the moment I buy them (got 4 or 5 of those).

The agency I do casual work for - bastards.

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Dammit, yes...

and i'ts more irritating spend lots of nights thinking of her after the encounter... which means i get irritated with ME

11. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

I was finally making serious progress on my weight lifting, when an old rotator cuff injury flared up. Now I can't overhead press with my right shoulder at all, and my Bench Press has become complete shit. It's going to take months for this to heal, if I do all my rehab work. If I don't, it won't heal at all.

It's a silly hobby, but it's mine, and I'm not happy that this injury is interfering.

12. whatsername74

Precisely.

13. whatsername74

Things that aren't irritating------fixing my computer all by myself!

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

no Internet connection at home

15. whatsername74

Those EFFING smilie ads that talk and scare the shit out of you when it's 5 AM and dead quiet in your house.

Our Host!