There are 54,546 Russians in Finland

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianAngel82, Apr 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Don't forget the French who settled in north america.

I just happen to have read the following artical (I think it was because of the genome thread)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiregional_origin_of_modern_humans

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

There's is a distinct lack of ancestral pre-hominid remains outside Africa and the hominid remains seem to be those of dead ends. There are other places in the world that have fossil remains from the relevant periods, but they don't include those similar to our ancestors. Of course, "lack of evidence" isn't proof, but it is evidence. I'm not sure the same random set of mutations occurring everywhere simultaneously is as credible a model as the spread of a local variation.

I don't think complete African replacement of existing human populations is conclusively shown, but we are at least 95% African.

We may be looping this thread back towards the original thread.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

That was a funny video, brought back some nice (and some not quite so nice) memories. Sadly I do not speak Russian so I missed most what the reporter said. Hah. That kieppi (iglu) with a backpack door was my favorite. :)

Though I noticed the Finnish troops wore obsolete equipment. The camos they had were inside out turned M-62 camos. Those have been replaced twice: M-91 and M-05. Also they all had RK-62, but I think the sissi/tiedustelija/rajajääkäri should be using a combination of MP-5's and RK-95TP’s.

Also the reporter didn’t use the proper stance while firing the RK-62 at prone, no wonder he couldn’t hit a thing. One should have both elbows and the ammo clip securely on the ground allowing three point support. That way the RK-62 (and its variants) is one of the most accurate assault rifles. The RK-62/95 is an AK-47 variant so it is known to climb by recoil, especially while firing full auto. We actually tried that during training when trained how to storm buildings. The lead man went in firing full auto and there were two or three men leaning on his back to apply extra support. No matter what we did, after the sixth round we were shooting holes to the ceiling. :D

4. Rocktoy

Ahem. He was a Danish king, not a Norwegian...

5. Rocktoy

Thanks, I have to check on that. Most interesting.

Beg to differ. Firstly lack of evidence is exactly what it is: lack of evidence. It can be used as argument on either side. To prove that there were no hominids outside Africa or to prove that no hominid remains remained outside Africa.

If we think it purely mathematically: firstly the possibility of remains to fossilize is quite unlikely. Secondly the places with the required microenvironment to enable fossilization in a certain time period are very rare. The possibility that a hominid died and was not eaten/scattered by predators in a said like place in order to fossilize in a certain time period is extremely unlikely. Random, I would say.

6. Rocktoy

A simplification maybe, but a useful analogy on the matter that lack of evidence is no evidence:

Hypothesis:

We have worldwide consensus that Usāma ibn Muḥammad ibn `Awad ibn Lādinis is dead and he was killed by US troops. No photos of his demise are presented nor photos whit his body and the surroundings where he was killed.

The Army Rangers argue that they killed Usāma ibn Muḥammad ibn `Awad ibn Lādin in a fortification in Kandahar Afghanistan. To prove this they show you unphotoshopped pictures of said fortification with multiple bodies of known Al Qaida members, lackeys of Usāma.

The Navy Seals argue that they killed Usāma ibn Muḥammad ibn `Awad ibn Lādin in a fortification in Abbottabad, Pakistan and ditched the corpse in the high seas. They show you unphotoshopped pictures of empty fortification, no recognizable corpses on the pictures.

Where did brave Usāma ibn Muḥammad ibn `Awad ibn Lādinis die according to given evidence?

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. GuardianAngel82

I would listen to any claims that Rangers or Seals made about Homo Sapiens Sapiens originating completely in Africa, especially if they were there. OTOH, even a picture of Bin Laden's corpse wouldn't really be conclusive evidence.

8. Rocktoy

It was an analogy.

9. GuardianAngel82

The evidence seems to indicate that Bin Laden is dead, which I believe strongly. And there is a lack of evidence to the contrary, which supports this view. Claims by USN Seals have credibility with me.

The evidence seems to indicate that Homo Sapiens Sapiens originated in Africa, which I believe moderately. And there is some evidence that we might not be completely from Africa genetically, which means that that some mutation occurred after out migration or there was someone, of our species, who contributed to our genetic background, who wasn't from Africa. But there is a lack of fossil evidence to support this. My understanding of the various mechanisms of human evolution don't allow me to grasp all the implications.

Our Host!