The Temple of Elemental Adventures

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Alrik Fassbauer, Oct 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Now that you mention it, that does ring a bell. it has been at least a year and a half since I last recruited Scorpp.

2. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

Well, he is useful against Ettins and such ... I think I'll keep him for a while now. ;)
    What actually worries me, is the reputation in town ... I think I read here somewhere that the villagers don't like the company of hill giants. ;)

Edit . I think I'll try this : setting him to sleep (via spell), closing the door behind him and flee. I think this might work.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  3. Alrik Fassbauer

Ooops ... ( Spoilers following ... )

My party was exploring the temple a bit, and suddenly it was facing a red high priest, an ettin, a few elementals, bug bears, mages, and finally Luz himself ! :eek:

I guess I was "exploring" too deep under the temple ... :D

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

its a key part of the game - dungeon level 4 and the hedrack fight, the only spoiler is that some guy called Luz showed up instead of Iuz.

5. Alrik Fassbauer

Yes, I'll leave this part out for the rest of the game - until I'm ready for that fight. ;)

6. Alrik Fassbauer

I was just reading through the "Atari Buglist" thread, and wanted to ask whether (I'm still using the official patches, no mod except GULP) it is a bug or not or has already been fixed that the Minotaurus Statue is back there again, after I've defeated the Minotaurus.

7. Alrik Fassbauer

What can I do to get a fallen Paladin up again ? Go to Hommlet's Cleric, pray or what ?

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Terjon at the Church of St Cuthbert will help - for a price, of course. And only, IIRC, if the paladin is 10th lvl or below.

9. Alrik Fassbauer

There are some Ogres needed for a certain quest ... they won't join.How do I complete that quest ?

The only option I have so far is slaughtering everyone there, sonce they won't give in. Are the party member's persuasion skills too low ?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  10. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Sounds like. I believe you can succeed at the quest by merely beating them all senseless (instead of killing them) though.

11. Alrik Fassbauer

Hm, yes, that could be an option, especially since one NPC related to the quest giver (don't want to give out too many spoilers) mentioned that.

12. Alrik Fassbauer

Just wanted to confirm that it worked. :) I just needed to turn the "stun damage", or how it is called, on.

13. Alrik Fassbauer

I came across a nasty bug which I assume is lready fixed in the CO8 Mod.

When an dead enemy is being looted by an party NPC of which the inventory is already full, the NPC takes an item, the message appeares "no storage room" (in this sense, in German language), and this item is being dropped near the dead enemy.

An fixed party character (no NPC) can collect that item, but it still remains property of the NPC. He won't let it fall, even when it is in an party members' inventory.

14. Alrik Fassbauer

Is it possible to bring the Concubine out of the cellar back into town ? Even without an explicite quest ?

The party found her, but she refuses to come with the party - even after "healing". Do I need to speak to a townsman first ?

By the way, my party got finally rid of Scorpp. He was beaten so that he couldnm't fight anymore, being only a few hitpoints away from death - and then I let the party flee this battle. I know I cannot come near him anymore, but at least he's safe in his "home" again, a place the party can easily avoid.

15. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

If you're talking about the Monk Concubine, I've used suggestion and then dismissed her from the party, leaving her in the Welcome Wench.

If you're talking about Paida, you need a Dispel Magic to free her.

Our Host!