The Nulb Crash Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Jan 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. trianglesubmission

trianglesubmission Member

Here is the error message I get. (entering buildings, traveling out of Nulb). I followed the installation instructions, and don't have the armor which some think is the culprit. I tried the wipe clean approach as suggested by doginarocket (post 130). Now it is just crashing more often.

CTD.JPG

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Looks like a different problem to me - huge thanks for the screenie. Try a complete reinstall (use my stickied instructions in this part of the forum) but also apply the no-cd crack for atari patch 2.

Let us know if it works for you, or whether you need more help :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  3. trianglesubmission

I tried the complete reinstall, and the no-cd fix. It just makes it crash more often.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@trianglesubmission: Are you running any programs, such as, Norton Internet Security or other potentially obtrusive or interferring software?

5. trianglesubmission

No. I guess I should have also added that I am having the same issue on two different computers (both before and after a complete reinstall and no-cd fix).

If I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with Mona. I have been trying to see what I can do in Nulb and still move around without crashing. Without talking to Mona I don't seem to have crashing issues. After I talk to her, I have crashing issues.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well that sounds more like a corrupted download then - did you download once and install to both computers?

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Well, it could be either the wrong version of or a bad no-cd fix file or it could be a bad downloaded version of the Co8 MOD or Co8 CMF.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

If you installed this,

ToEE game
    Atari Patch 2
    Co8 5.0.0 MOD
    Co8 5.0.x CMF,

you should be using the English 2.0 Version of the no-cd fix. It should be 33 KB in file size. I would suggest verifying the version and, maybe, downloading a new copy of it.

You will more likely need to download a new copy of the Co8 5 MOD and, or the 5.0.x CMF file. I would suggest you download a new copy of both if you previously installed both.

[EDIT]
    You could even write them to a CDR disc for when you install them.

9. trianglesubmission

I have installed them (in this order):

ToEE Game (from CD), Patch 1, Patch 2. Co8 5.0.0 MOD, ToEEFE 4.0.1, Co8 5.0.4 CMF, No-Cd fix 2.0 (I tried it from two different sites - the only two on which I could find it)

I'll re-download them all from this website (if I can find them). If anyone would like to volunteer their "working versions" please pm me.

Thanks for the ongoing help. Hopefully I can get this squared away.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

do your nocd after patch 2.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Actually, if you installed the Co8 5.0.0 MOD, you do not need to install an extra version ToEEFE. (You mentioned ToEEFE 4.0.1.) There already is a ToEEFE version available as a checkbox option to install when you install the Co8 5.0.0 MOD.

-> ToEEFE options in Co8 5.0.0 MOD <- click there to see the install options

I, normally, replace the ToEE.exe file with the no-cd version as the last step when (re-)installing ToEE.

uninstall the Co8 5.0.0 MOD from Add or Remove Programs
    uninstall the ToEE game from Add or Remove Programs
    delete the remaining ToEE game folders and files after the uninstall
    reboot the computer
    install, patch and apply MOD and CMF for ToEE

12. trianglesubmission

The Co8 5.0.0 MOD had the ToEEFE v. 3.8. Thus, I installed the newer version.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You can install the newer ToEEFE; it's okay to install the newer ToEE Front End. However, it's not a requirement to install the newer version of ToEEFE.

14. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

That would seem to be good advice.

-------------------------------------

edit: OK, I just can't replicate this crash when following the stickied install instructions. I can replicate it by mixing up files with different protos, but I'm assuming people are following the instructions. Is the issue one of where the CMF file is extracted too? Or something like that? Maybe not judging from the posts in this thread. I don't think it is shopkeeper related because people are reporting the crash long before they'd get to a shopkeeper to purchase a dodgy item (unless the shopkeeper is on the actual nulb map...) Only other recent change to nulb map is the signpost/zombie but that isn't crashing for me.

There may be a common cause to the crash bug but I'm darned if I can see it if it isn't something simple like installing to wrong folders.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  15. fb2007

fb2007 Member

Nulb crash

Since installing 5.04 my game crashes everytime I try to go to Nulb

any ideas?

Our Host!